If you use your windows computer a lot, learning to use (and getting acquainted with) windows keyboard shortcuts can immensely boost your work speed and productivity.
For YouTube fans, you might already be familiar with some
YouTube keyboard shortcuts
Same applies to Mac users. Otherwise, check out
Top 40 Plus Keyboard Shortcuts for MacBook, MacBook Pro and iMac users
has a bunch of these shortcuts built into the system.
These keyboard shortcuts (also known as keyboard hotkeys) can do a variety of tasks ranging from launching an app, activating Cortana Digital assistant,
initiating specific operating system commands, etc.
Basically, Windows keyboard shortcuts help improve your workflow and overall productivity allowing users to perform certain actions with a combination of key-strokes as opposed to using numerous mouse clicks.
The number of available keyboard shortcuts for windows 10 has increased and while it might take you some time memorizing and getting used to them, they’re certainly worth
your time — you’ll be quickly switching between one task to another in no time.
Below are some of the best Windows Keyboard
shortcuts that can boost your productivity and streamline your workflow.
Top Windows Keyboard Shortcuts
- Windows Key (Winkey) + D — Show or Hide Desktop
- Winkey + H — Activates share feature in Windows 10 apps
- Winkey + I — Launch Windows Settings
- Winkey + G — Activate Xbox Game Bar
- Winkey + E — Launch File Explorer
- Winkey + L — Lock PC/ Switch Accounts
- Winkey + S — Open Windows Search Bar
- Winkey + Tab — Activate Task View
- Winkey + X — Open Quick Link menu
- Winkey + M — Minimize all active Windows
- Winkey + A — Open Action Center
- Winkey + U — Open Ease of Access Center
- Winkey + P — Project a screen
- Winkey + K — Open the Quick Connect menu in the action center.
- Winkey + ← / → / ↑ / ↓ — Snap apps to the left or right
- Winkey + C — Activate Cortana
- Winkey + R — Open Run dialog box
- Winkey + Ctrl + D — Creates a new virtual desktop
- Winkey + ↑ or ↓ — Minimize apps up or down
- Winkey + Ctrl + F4 — Close current virtual desktop
- Winkey + Ctrl + Left or Right — Switch between virtual desktops
- Winkey + . or ; — Launch the emoji box
- Winkey + Enter — Launch Narrator
- Winkey + Ctrl + M — Launch Magnifier app
- Winkey + Shift + Left or Right — Move apps from one monitor to another
- Ctrl + Shit +Esc — Launch Task Manager
- Ctrl + Alt +Tab — View opened apps
- Winkey + 1 / 2 / 3… — Open apps that are pinned on the taskbar. NOTE: The first app is 1, second app is 2, third app is 3…
- Alt + F4 — Close the active window
- Ctrl + Shift — Switch the keyboard layout.
- Ctrl + C — Copy selected items to clipboard.
- Ctrl + X — Copy selected items to clipboard.
- Ctrl + V — Paste content from clipboard.
- Ctrl + A — Select all content.
- Ctrl + Z — Undo an action.
- Ctrl + Y — Redo an action.
- Ctrl + D — Delete the selected item and move it to the Recycle Bin.
- Ctrl + Esc — Open the Start Menu.
- Windows key + PrtScn — Capture a screenshot and save in Screenshots folder.
- Windows key + Home — Minimize all but the active desktop window.
- Windows key + Shift + Up arrow — Stretch the desktop window to the top and bottom of the screen.
Best windows keyboard shortcuts? Now you know
Keyboard shortcuts are super tools and once you get used to them, you’ll find yourself using them without even thinking about it.
Do you take advantage of keyboard shortcuts on your windows PC? Which ones do you use the most?
Before you Go
As always please share this article for windows keyboard shortcuts with a friend and comment below. We also have plenty of other interesting articles that I suggest you check out right now.