Shortcuts exist to make certain activities easier and faster, particularly on PC. There are certain actions that would normally require you to move, drag
and click your cursor that you can execute with less than 2-3 keystrokes on your keyboard. This is basically why keyboard shortcuts are vital in our everyday
lives; they save time and boost productivity.
For Windows PC users, you might already be familiar with some
Same applies to Mac users. Otherwise, check out
Having said that, just like computer operating systems and apps have their built-in apps, certain websites also have built-in shortcuts that help you save time
and get the most of the platform.
Listed below are 30
shortcuts that can help you get the most out of watching videos on the platform.
Some of these shortcuts, you already know. Some, you don’t. Irrespective, they are easy to grasp and once you get used to them, you’ll saves so much time
and have little or next to no use for your mouse.
If you spend most of your time on YouTube watching videos, check out this list of 30keyboard shortcuts to make your YouTube use more productive.
Top Keyboard Shortcuts for YouTube
- Spacebar — Pause/Play video (player focus required)
- K key — Pause/Play video (doesn’t require focus)
- M key — Mute or Unmute video.
- → (Right Arrow key) — Move forward 5 sec.
- , (Comma) — Move backward per frame when a video is paused.
- . (Period) — Move forward per frame when a video is paused.
- L key — Move video forward by 10 seconds.
- J key — Move video backward by 10 seconds.
- ↑ (Up Arrow key) — Turn up volume 5%.
- ↓ (Down Arrow key) — Turn down volume 5%.
- ← (Left Arrow key) — Move backward 5 sec.
- 0 / Home key — Restart the video.
- Num keys 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 — Move video playhead to the respective percentage, 10% – 90%.
- End key — Skip to the end.
- Ctrl + → — Move to next video (only in playlist).
- Ctrl + ← — Move to previous video (only in playlist).
- > key — Increase play speed.
- < key — Decrease play speed
- Shift + P — Play previously played video
- Shift + N — Play next video in recommendation/playlist
- C key — Turn on/off CC (closed captions)
- B key — Change CC background color
- + key — Increase CC font size when it’s turned on
- – key — Decrease CC font size when it’s turned on
- Enter key — Execute select player control button
- F key — Enter or exit full screen
- Esc key — Exit full screen
- Tab key — Move forward in player control buttons
- Shift+ Tab — Move backward in player control buttons.
- Num keys 1,2,3..9 Move playhead to the respective percentage, 10%-90%
Learning and getting conversant with these Youtube shortcuts may take a little bit of your time, however, with practice, you will get used to them and this can really increase
your productivity level and save you time while watching tutorials, movies, TV series, comedy skits, cellphone, Tech reviews
or other staff you watch on YouTube.
Do you take advantage of keyboard shortcuts on YouTube? Which ones do you use the most
Before you Go
As always please share this article with a friend and comment below. We also have plenty of other articles that I suggest you check out right now.