You have been receiving regular spammed emails from senders and you don’t know what to do. Don’t worry; in this article, I’ll explain how to block/unblock someone email in Gmail on your iPhone, Android, and Computer as well.
Google packs numerous productivity tools, and the one which has become an integral part of everyone’s life isGmail. I am certain that Gmail is used by billions of people around the world ever since its inception in 2004. No doubt Gmail is the most used email client by people worldwide besides Yahoo Mail and Outlook.
Having said that, Gmail has one of the best features in the market however, I still feel there can be a scope of enhancement as far as the spam email feature is concerned. Even when you hit spam to a particular email, sometimes, it may still sneak into your inbox.
That’s when you try to block a particular sender to no longer receive emails from that person. So if you want to block someone in Gmail on your iPhone, Android devices,, computer or laptop, there are a few simple steps which you need to follow.
How to Block or Unblock Someone in Gmail on iPhone, Android, and Computer
When someone sends you a message, and he/she is blocked from your end, the emails would go into the spam folder. Don’t worry; the sender won’t notice that you have blocked him/her.
To block someone on iOS or Android device in your Gmail app is quite simple. Here are step-by-step instructions for how to Block Someone in Gmail on iPhone, iPad, or Android:
- Start the Gmail app on your phone.
- Now, tap on the email (message) of the person that you wish to block in Gmail.
- Next, tap on More option which is indicated by (…) three dots on the right top right hand corner of the screen.
- Next on, choose Block “Sender Name” option from the drop-down that appears.
boom! The contact has been blocked.
If you change your mind and want to unblock the person, simply follow the above steps and choose the Unblock option.
So that’s how easy it is to block/unblock someone in Gmail through the app.
Now let’s look at how you can block a sender in Gmail on your computer or laptop.
How to Block Someone in Gmail on Computer
Here are step-by-step instructions for how to block anyone from your Gmail account by using a computer or laptop.
- Launch Gmail by using mail.google.com in the URL address bar of your web browser.
- If you haven’t logged on into your Gmail account, login with your username and password then click the email of the sender that you wish to block.
- Now, click on the three dots on the right hand corner far beside the sender’s name and select Block option.
- Next on, click on Block One more time to confirm that you want to block this user and don’t want to receive any messages in your inbox. Instead, they would directly go into the spam folder.
If you change your mind and wish to unblock that person’s email, simply follow the above steps and choose Unblock option.
There you have it! You’ve blocked someone from your Gmail account by using a computer. Now share this article on social media to teach your friends and family how to Block Someone in Gmail on iPhone, Android, and Computer. You can also check How to Block People From Sending You Mail on iPhone or iPad Here We also have plenty of other articles that I suggest you check right now.