is a very striking smartphone
which comes with an striking triple-camera system. but, the $699
is probably going to catch the attention of most people
because of its affordable price and the reason that it provides virtually similar experience as the more costly iPhone 11 Pro. therefore, what are the differences
between the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro?
What sacrifices did Apple had to make to achieve the reduced price of the iPhone 11? Is it reasonable spending the extra cash towards purchasing the iPhone 11 Pro?
Find out in our comprehensive comparison below. Also, be sure to check the following articles
iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro, what are the differences?
- iPhone 11 – 6.1-inch 1792 x 828 pixels (326 ppi), Haptic Touch, True Tone Liquid Retina HD LCD display.
- iPhone 11 Pro – 5.8-inch 2436 x 1125 pixels (458 ppi), 82.9 percent screen-to-body ratio, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Haptic Touch, Retina, True Tone OLED Display XDR
The iPhone 11 ships with a larger 6.1-inch display as contrasted to the 5.8-inch display of the iPhone 11 Pro. But, this is the only improvement
it has over it’s counterpart. In all other areas, the iPhone 11 Pro’s Retina Display XDR is superior — its a higher resolution OLED panel with higher brightness levels, great
focusing angles, offers a wider color gamut, enhanced contrast ratio, as well as HDR10 support.
The iPhone 11’s display does not hold a candle in front of the iPhone 11 Pro. iPhone 11 has a good LCD panel, however, it’s just an LCD panel that
Can never beat the iPhone 11 Pro’s OLED panel.
- iPhone 11 – IP68 certified, 150.9 x 75.7 x 8.3 mm, 194g
- iPhone 11 Pro – IP68 certified, 144 x 71.4 x 8.1mm, 188g
In spite of the two devices being IP68 certified and includes the toughest glass ever in a smartphone, they are quite distinct from each other in relation to design.
While the iPhone 11 includes an anodized aluminum chassis, the iPhone 11 Pro includes a stainless steel chassis. This offers the iPhone pro a bulk and premium
feel that the iPhone 11 cannot rival.
In addition, the has a matte finish which makes it less slippery to grasp compared to former iPhones as well as the iPhone 11.
In spite of both iPhones being IP68 certified, the iPhone 11 Pro has an edge here also. It’s rated to endure at up to 4m depth of water for a period of
Half an hour while the iPhone 11 is rated for depth of only up to 2m.
The iPhone 11 has one plus in the area of design: it comes in six different color options. The iPhone 11 Pro, in contrast, only comes
in four different colors. nonetheless, I totally fancy the iPhone 11 Pro’s new Midnight Green color and would choose it over the bright and bold colors in which Apple
includes in the iPhone 11.
- iPhone 11 – Third-generation Neural engine A13 Bionic, 7nm+ EUV
- iPhone 11 Pro – Third-generation Neural engine, A13 Bionic, 7nm+ EUV.
This is a department where the two devices are similar. The iPhone 11 makes a couple of sacrifices to get its lower $699 price. But, Apple realizes the significance
of a powerful processor as well as making sure that similar A13 Bionic processor powers the iPhone 11 as well as the iPhone 11 Pro.
- iPhone 11 – 64GB, 128GB, 256GB
- iPhone 11 Pro– 64GB, 256GB, 512GB
The base storage of both phones starts at 64GB. While this is satisfactory on the iPhone 11, it’s a little bit of dishonor to see the iPhone 11 Pro possessing the ‘pro’
Label and ship with 64GB of base storage. Apple provide the iPhone 11 Pro with a huge 512GB of storage space, however, it charges a lot for it.
The iPhone 11 begins at 64GB and goes all the way to 256GB, with the middle 128GB version providing the best value for your cash.
- iPhone 11 – Dual 12MP camera setup f/1.8 and f/2.4 aperture, Brighter True Tone Flash, OIS for main sensor, 100% Focus Pixels for main camera, Improved Smart HDR, Portrait
mode with advanced bokeh and Depth control
- iPhone 11 Pro – Triple 12MP camera setup f/1.8, f/2.0, and f/2.4 aperture, Brighter True Tone Flash, OIS for main and Telephoto sensor, 100% Focus Pixels for main camera,
Enhanced Smart HDR, Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth control,
This is yet another department where the iPhone 11 Pro outdo the iPhone 11, but, the enhancement may not make a difference to a lot of people. While the iPhone 11
Offers a double -camera system, the iPhone 11 Pro offers a triple-camera system. Both devices includes a main 12MP f/1.8 shutter together with a 12MP
f/2.4 ultra-wide angle shooter. The iPhone 11 Pro is bundled with a 12MP f/2.0 telephoto sensor also that lets it to provide 2x optical zoom.
Excluding the telephoto sensor, the experience on both camera on the two devices is identical. Both includes enhanced Smart HDR, brighter True Tone flash as well as automatic
Night mode in the Camera application.
- iPhone 11 – 12MP TrueDepth Camera, f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth control, Smart HDR
- iPhone 11 Pro – 12MP TrueDepth Camera, f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, Portrait mode with advanced bokeh and Depth control, Smart HDR
The two phones includes similar enhanced TrueDepth camera system which features a brand new 12MP sensor. In addition, both are capable of recording ‘slofies’ together with
4k videos at 60fps.
- iPhone 11 – 1.2Gbps LTE modem, VoLTE, Dual-SIM, Wi-Fi 6 with MIMO, Ultra-Wideband chip NFC with Reader mode, Bluetooth 5.0
- iPhone 11 Pro – Dual SIM/eSIM, 1.6Gbps Gigabit LTE, Ultra Wideband chi, Wi-Fi 6, VoLTE, NFC with reader mode, Bluetooth 5.0,
Last year, iPhone XR didn’t come with a Gigabit LTE modem which was an embarrassment. During this year, Apple has stepped a foot higher by including a Gigabit LTE modem on the
iPhone 11 and the iPhone 11 Pro. The latter can reach higher LTE download speeds but at least In addition, iPhone 11 is capable of offering download speeds
which is an addition of 1Gbps over LTE theoretically.
In every other connectivity area, both phones are similar and also includes Apple’s new Ultra Wideband chip.
- iPhone 11 – Face ID on board
- iPhone 11 Pro – Face ID on board
Both the iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro includes enhanced Face ID. The new 12MP camera with a wider field of view means that Face ID works at wider angles on both phones.
Battery Life and Charging
- iPhone 11 Pro – Lasts about 4 hours more than iPhone XS, 18W USB-C charging brick
- iPhone 11 – about 1 hour more than iPhone XR, 5W charging brick
The iPhone 11 Pro makes a huge leap in battery life when compared to the iPhone XS by providing up to 4 hours longer battery life. In addition, the iPhone 11
lasts an hour longer compared to the iPhone XR which was already popular for its good battery life.
The iPhone 11 will probably feature the best battery life on an iPhone however, at this point, the gap between the iPhone 11 Pro and the iPhone 11 will not
be as huge as was the case last time around. Apple assert that the iPhone 11 Pro will offer longer video playback time compared to iPhone 11 however, iPhone 11 should
win in real-life usage because of its more power-efficient LCD display.
The iPhone 11 Pro has additional improvement up its sleeve as well, it cease to ship with a 5W USB power charger. Moving forward, Apple will be shipping 18W USB-C quick charger with the iPhone 11 Pro series. This means the device will take just about half an hour to charge from 0-50%.
The iPhone 11 will continue to ship with the standard 5W USB-A charger meaning it will take the normal time to charge from 0-100%.
- iPhone 11 Pro – begins at $999
- iPhone 11 – begins at $699
This is one department where the iPhone 11 outplays the iPhone 11 Pro in a great way. The iPhone 11 makes a couple of sacrifices to achieve its reduced price of
$699 and this is what makes it a bit enticing compared to the iPhone 11 Pro. Read
The iPhone 11 has a number of advantages over the iPhone 11 however, its particularly higher price point is an indication that most people will probably end up reconsidering
Therefore, between the iPhone 11 and the iPhone 11 Pro, which phone would you opt for? Will it be the iPhone 11 for its lower price? Or are you ready to pull a trigger on
the iPhone 11 Pro for its improved display, design, and camera system? Let us know in the comments below.