Is your iPhone or iPad not showing up in iTunes under device list? Or.
Are you getting any of the following error messages while trying to access
iTunes on your PC or Mac?
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes on mac
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes because the value is missing
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes because it is lock
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes do not have permission
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes value is missing
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes 0xe800000a
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes unknown error
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes invalid response
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes because it is lock
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes error 0xe8000015
- iPhone cannot connect to iTunes on computer.
Then keep reading, in this article, we’ll offer you some possible solutions to fix the issue of iPhone unable to connect to iTunes, occurring due to any reason.
Methods to fix ‘iPhone cannot connect to iTunes’
- Restart your computer
Use Apple USB cable
Use a good speed Internet connection
Use iTunes compatible OS
Trust the computer when prompted
Uninstall and Reinstall iTunes
Update Apple USB drivers
Update to the latest iOS
Disable iPhone restrictions
Hard Reset your iPhone.
1. Restart your computer
- iTunes could not connect to this iPhone can be fixed by restarting your Mac or Windows PC. After the restart is complete, try reconnecting back your iPhone to iTunes via USB cable. This often fixes the issue of iTunes not detecting the iOS device on computer.
2. Use Apple USB cable.
- Use of the original lightening to USB cable that shipped with your iPhone or iPad often fixes iPhone won’t connect to iTunes errors.
- Use of unauthorized USB cables may create compatibility issues .
Moreover, check if the USB port is working properly. Try using a different cable and USB port to find out if USB cable is the culprit.
3. Update iTunes
Ensure that you are running the latest version of iTunes. It enhances the performance of the app and fixes problems like iTunes not connecting to iPhone. To update iTunes on Windows PC, launch iTunes. Navigate to the menu located at the top click Help > Check for Updates.
To update iTunes on Mac, update the macOS. Click on the Apple icon on the Mac desktop. Select and follow System Preferences > SoftwareUpdate.
4. Use steady Internet connection
- Make sure you have steady Internet signal with perfect data transfer speed for both iPhone and computer.
- In case you are operating on mobile data, switch it on. After connecting your iPhone to a strong internet connection, check to see if iPhone won’t connect to iTunes problem is fixed.
5. Use iTunes compatible OS
- iPhone not recognized by iTunes or unable to connect to iTunes may be brought about by an issue with OS compatibility. Make sure your computer is running OS that is compatible with iTunes.
- If you are using Windows PC, ensure that you are running Windows 7 or newer, and if you are using Mac, ensure that you are running OSX 10.5.8 or newer. iTunes 12 does not work with
Windows Vista and XP.
6. Trust the computer when prompted
- iOS usually prompts you to Trust the device upon connecting the iPhone to Mac or Windows PC. If you are not sure if you trusted your computer, try Disconnecting and reconnecting your iPhone to the computer.
- Tap on the
Trust button in the pop up box that appears.
Doing so should fix the problem of iPhone cannot connect to iTunes on Mac or PC.
7. Uninstall and reinstall iTunes
Reinstalling iTunes can fix problem if iTunes doesn’t recognize your iPhone or iPad and returns ‘iPhone cannot connect to iTunes’ error,.
You can also fixe error, iPhone cannot connect to iTunes value is missing.’ Through this method.
To reinstall iTunes on computer, follow these steps:
- Click on start button > control Panel > Programs > uninstall Programs > uninstall iTunes
- Uninstall all related software from the Control Panel as follows —
- Apple Software Update, Apple Mobile Device Support, Bonjour, Apple Application
Support 32-bit, Apple Application Support 64-bit
8. Update Apple USB Driver
The problem of iPhone not connecting to iTunes could be caused by an outdated Apple USB driver or if the driver is not installed on your computer.
Follow these steps to update Apple USB Driver on Windows PC):
- Disconnect iPhone from your windows PC.
- Unlock your iPhone and launch the Home screen
- Connect back your iPhone to the PC. If iTunes launches, quit it.
- Right-click the Windows Start button, select Device Manager
- Find and expand on the Portable Devices
- Locate your connected iPhone, right-click on it and select Update driver
- Choose Search automatically for updated driver software
- After the installation is finished, go to Windows Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update and verify that no other updates are available.
- Finally, restart your computer. Using USB cable, connect your iPhone to it, and check to see if the iPhone appears on the list of available devices on iTunes.
9. Update to the latest iOS
Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS:
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update to check for available updates.
- Next tap Download and Install.
- Your iOS device will restart
and the update process will begin.
Now connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer and open iTunes. Check to see if the problem of iPhone cannot connect to iTunes on computer is fixed.
10. Disable Restrictions (Parental Controls
In some cases, iPhone doesn’t show up on iTunes because of parental controls restrictions applied on your device. Get rid of the restrictions
and then try to access iTunes.
Follow these steps to disable restrictions on iPhone:
- Launch settings app on your iPhone
- Tap on Screen Time
- Tap on Content & Privacy Restrictions
- Turn off Restriction
Check to see if iTunes cannot connect to this iPhone is fixed.
11. Hard Reset iPhone
If the above methods did not solve your issue, you may try factory resetting your iPhone. This step will erase all the data stored on
Remember to back up you’re data to iCloud or iTunes before trying to factory reset your iPhone. Afterwards, you can restore your data from iCloud or
One of the above 11 methods is surely going to help you fix the problem – iPhone cannot connect to iTunes on computer. Otherwise, check out
To further troubleshoot issues related to iPhone cannot connect to iTunes.
Which method worked for you? Let us know in the comments section below