Website bookmarks are a awesome way to build and organize a list of site, so that you can quickly return to your favorite websites. You can make Safari bookmarks at any time, or remove old bookmarks to de-clutter your browser. See
Bookmark Multiple Open Tabs in Safari for iOS
In Safari on Mac, saving a tab as a new bookmark is as easy as selecting Bookmarks -> Add Bookmark… from the menu bar. In iPhone or iPad, the option is a bit
hidden, but once you know where to find it is, it’s just as easy to use.
Bookmarking on your iPad or iPhone is done directly within the
Safari app, and you can do it very quickly from any web page. Once you’ve made a Safari bookmark, you
can access it from the bookmarks pop-out menu or from a new tab. If you want to add a bookmark on safari, there are a few simple steps which you need to follow.
Here is a step-by-step guide which will help you add a bookmark in Safari on iPhone.
How to Bookmark a Website in Safari
- Launch Safari App
- Head over to the webpage you would like to save as a bookmark in Safari.
- Touch and hold the Bookmarks icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap Add Bookmark.
- Change the name of the bookmark if you want, otherwise you can keep it as the default, auto-generated name. and tap the icon under Location to select the folder where you want to save it.
- Tap Save to make the Safari Bookmark.
You may have noticed that there’s also an option in the menu at step 4 to
save multiple open tabs as bookmarks.
How to Find Your Safari Bookmarks
By default, the bookmarks you make in Safari are stored in the Favorites folder, which you can access by tapping the bookmark button (that resembles an
open book icon) on the left of the address bar.
How to Add a Safari Bookmark to Your iPhone or iPad Home Screen
You can also add Bookmarks directly on your home screen so that you can open them directly without having to open Safari App. When you tap a bookmark
You have saved on your home screen, it directly opens in Safari.
To do this,
- Tap the share button on the right side of the address bar on safari
- Select Add to Home Screen option.
- Give the bookmark the desired name, and then tap
That’s all, the Bookmark will be added as an icon on your iPhone or iPad Home Screen!
How to Add Custom Bookmark Folders in Safari
The default folder for bookmarks on your iPad is refered to as Favorites, however, it is easier to organize your saved pages into other folders, as well.
- Select the bookmarks icon that resembles an open book located at the top left corner of Safari. In case you don’t see this menu, scroll to the top of the page.
- From the bookmarks screen, tap Edit at the bottom.
- Choose New Folder.
- Give the folder a memorable name.
- Tip: If you have other folders already created, you can nest one folder within another by selecting the other folder at this time.
- Tap Done to save the folder, then Done once again from the Bookmarks menu.
You can now tap the bookmark option to switch it to off and return to the web page.
That’s how quicker and easier it is to Add Custom Bookmark Folders in Safari!
How to Delete or Edit Safari Bookmarks on iPad or iPhone
It’s implausible that you will keep every bookmark you create forever. Maybe you’ve come to realize that you don’t use it as frequently as you thought you would,
or perhaps the site is no longer reachable. Fortunately, there is an option to edit or delete these bookmarks at any time.
- Open the bookmarks menu and tap Edit to reveal a red minus button that you can use to delete folders you’ve made or bookmarks you’ve created.
- Tap Delete to confirm.
If you wish to edit the name of a bookmark or folder, follow the same process but choose the item itself rather than the red icon, then change the name as you so desire.
Let us know in the comments section below. We also have plenty of other articles that I suggest you check right now.