One of iOS 13’s most awaited feature is also one of its simplest. The latest version of Apple’s mobile operating system finally introduces a
Dark Mode for your iPhone and iPad’s interface.
When dark mode is on, previously white interface elements of iOS transforms to black color(and the text changes to a brighter white color for better viewing.
After several years of wait,
has finally rolled out the much-anticipated “Dark Mode” with iOS 13 and of course iPadOS 13. Besides improving
the viewing experience in dark interface, it will ensure your eyes feel more at ease while reading texts and watching media. Therefore, there won’t be no more eye-hurting, and you will get healthier sleep.
Needless to say, it will also improve the battery life of your device. Read:
Taking into account how charming it really is, we’ve gone hands-on with it to let you know how to enable Dark Mode on a device running
Without further ado, let’s put this substantial
feature to action straightaway!
Regardless of whether you’re using iPhone or iPad, here’s how to switch to the dark mode in iOS 13.
Turn on Dark Mode with Siri
The most easiest way to turn on Dark Mode on iPhone running iOS 13 is to just ask Siri to turn it on. To turn dark mode on, say, “Hey, Siri, turn on Dark Mode” or “Hey, Siri, turn
on Dark Appearance.” Dark mode will instantly turn on.
To turn dark mode off using Siri, simply say, “Hey Siri, turn off Dark Mode” or “Hey, Siri, turn off Dark Appearance.” And dark mode will immediately go off.
Turn on Dark Mode through Control Center
It’s not very intuitive, but the second-most handy way to turn on Dark Mode on iOS 13 is via your iPhone or iPad’s Control Center.
- On iPhone 8 Plus or earlier, swipe up from the bottom. On iPhone X and later and on iPad swipe down from the top right corner to bring up Control Center.
- Now, you need to tap and hold down on the Brightness slider . It’s the one with the sun icon.
- Now, in the full-screen interface that appears, you will see “Appearance Light option in the lower left. Tap on it, and your phone will immediately switch
to Dark Mode (and the toggle will now read Appearance: Dark).
how to turn on dark mode control center
Alternatively, you can add a shortcut to Control Center so you can minimize the process. Head over to Settings>Control Center>Customize Controls. At the bottom, you will
see Dark Appearance under the section titled More Controls. Tap the green plus sign to the left and iOS will include it to your main Control Center section.
From now on, each and every time you want to turn on Dark Mode, just launch Control Center and tap on that icon.
Turn on Dark Mode through the Settings app
Here’s the “long” way to turn on Dark Mode, though luckily it doesn’t take much of your time.
- Open Settings.
- Tap Display & Brightness.
- New for iOS 13, you will see icons for Light and Dark themes located at the top of the screen. Tap Dark to switch to Dark Mode. In case you intend to use Dark Mode parmanently
, that’s all you ought to do.
- In case you want your iPhone to switch between Light and Dark Modes depending on the time, turn on the Automatic setting. (Note: doing so might switch your
iPhone back to Light Mode, depending on the time of day.)
- The default setting is to remain in Dark Mode from Sunset to Sunrise. If you’d like to customize, tap on Custom Schedule then
modify the Light Appearance and Dark Appearance options to adjust the times at which each mode will be active.