Your iPhone isn’t staying connected to WiFi and you don’t know why. No matter what you try, your iPhone keeps getting disconnected from the internet. In
this step-by-step guide, I’ll show you what to do when your iPhone keeps disconnecting from WiFi!
This problem is common with iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad and other iPhones running iOS 13.
If your wifi keeps disconnecting, follow along as i walk you through step by step on what to do to troubleshoot the Wifi problem on your iPhone running iOS 13.
How to Fix WiFi keeps disconnecting on iPhone?
To fix WiFi that keeps disconnecting on iPhone, try the following until the issue is resolved:
First, trying turning Wi-Fi off and back on. There could be a minor connectivity issue that keeps disconnecting your iPhone from WiFi. Simply follow these steps:
- Start the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Now, tap Wi-Fi.
- Next, tap on the switch at the top of the screen to turn off Wi-Fi.
- Lastly, tap the switch again to turn Wi-Fi back on.
Check to see if you can access the internet normally. If wifi keeps disconnecting, try the next solution.
Forget Your WiFi Network & Reconnect
Your iPhone saves information about your WiFi network and how to join to your WiFi network when you connect to it for the first time. When the way your
iPhone connects to your WiFi network changes, it can cause a variety of problems.
To start, we’ll forget your WiFi network, which completely erases it from your iPhone. When you connect your iPhone to your WiFi network again, it will be as if
You are connecting to it for the first time! Simply follow these steps to forget your WiFi network on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Tap the information button (look for the blue i) next to the name of your WiFi
- , Lastly, tap Forget This Network.
Now that you have forgotten your Wi-Fi network, head over to Settings -> Wi-Fi and find the name of your Wi-Fi under Choose A Network. Tap on your network’s
name, then type in your WiFi password to reconnect to your WiFi network.
Reset network settings
Resetting your iPhone’s network setting is another way we can address and attempt to fix a minor software problem. Restarting your network settings disconnects your iPhone from all wifi networks and start fresh when the process is complete., Simply follow these steps to reset network settings on your iPhone:
- Start the settings on your iPhone
- Tap on general
- Now, scroll all the way down and tap reset.
- Lastly, tap Reset network settings.
Follow the onscreen prompts to reset your device network settings. You are going to need to connect to your WiFi network again and reenter your password once the process is complete.
Check to see if the problem is resolved. If the wifi keeps disconnecting, try the next solution.
Check your router
.The router may also have some issues therefore, its always a good idea to restart it. Simply follow these steps:
- You can simply unplug it from the power source for a few minutes and plug it back in.
Disable WiFi networking
Simply follow these steps to Disable WiFi networking.
- Open setting on youriPhone
- Scroll down and tap on privacy
- Next, tap on Location services
- Next on, scroll down and select system services
- Find WiFi networking and switch it to off
Disable Wi-Fi Assist.
Simply follow these steps to disable Wi-Fi assist:
- Open settings on youriPhone
- Tap on cellular
- Now, scroll down and turn off WiFi assist
.Force Restart your iPhone
- Quickly press and release the volume up
- Quickly press and release the volume down
- Press and hold down on the side button for approximately 10 seconds. The iPhone will force restart.
Check to see if the WiFi problem is fixed. If your wifi keeps disconnecting still, try the next solution.
Backup and reset your iPhone
Simply follow these steps to Backup and reset your iPhone:
- Open settings on your iPhone
- Tap on General
- Scroll down and tap on reset
- Now, select “Erase all content and settings” and follow the onscreen prompts to reset your iPhone
Update your Router
- Update your router and check to ensure you are running the latest standards. Also, consider purchasing a new WiFi router in case yours is too old.
This is a sensible step to take especially if your iPhone works fine on other WiFi networks.
Check your VPN
- Make sure a VPN is not blocking your WiFi connection. Consider disabling it temporarily and try browsing normally. If you are able to browse as usual after disabling the VPN, then know it is the culplit and it should stay off
Before you Go
That’s pretty much it on troubleshooting Wi-Fi that keeps disconnecting. Please share this article with a few friend that might find it useful. If you have any other question, leave a comment
below and check out even more articles on related topics.