Your iPhone Bluetooth doesn’t turn on and you don’t know why. You have tried everything but it won’t turn on. When you try to turn Bluetooth on, you see a spinning gear. As such, your Bluetooth
Device does not connect with your iPhone or iPad. Sometimes you see a spinning wheel/gear instead of the on/off buttons. Your iPhone Bluetooth will not turn on because of a number of issues. In this guide I’ll explain how to fix
an iOS device (iPhone or iPad) when it’s Bluetooth feature won’t turn on. Here are troubleshooting steps which you can follow to fix the issue:
It is important that you fix this issue. It’ll not be possible to pair or connect your Bluetooth device to your iPhone or iPad until it is fixed.
Please check this article if you are having
Bluetooth problems on your Mac.
Unable To Turn Bluetooth On
The first thing you should do is to ensure your iPhone or iPad is running the latest version of the iOS or iPadOS.
Simply head over to Settings > General and Software Update to check for updates. And if there is an update available, download and install.
Now, try the following tips. after each tip, try to turn on Bluetooth.
1-Restart Your Device
The simple solution when iPhone Bluetooth doesn’t turn on is to turn off and on your device. iPhones require different steps. Simply follow these steps:
To restart iPhone X, 11 or later and iPad with Face ID models:
- Press and hold the side and volume up (or down) buttons together until the red slider appears.
- Drag the slider. And wait about 30 seconds.
- Now, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
To restart other iPhone models e.g., iPhone 6, 6S, 7, or 8 and iPad with a Home button models:
- Press and hold the on/off (sleep/wake – top or side) button until the “slide to power off” appears.
- Drag the slider
- Wait about 30 seconds
- Press and hold the on/off button (side or top) until the Apple logo appears.
If your iPhone Bluetooth won’t turn on still, try turning on Airplane mode for a few seconds and then turn back off. On your iPhone or iPad, simply head over to Settings > Airplane Mode.
Do you see a loading spinning gear when you try to pair your iPhone or iPad with your Bluetooth device? this may happen because your Bluetooth accessory and iOS device
are not close enough to each other as this may affect signal strength if they are not in close proximity to each other. Therefore, ensure that they are close
to each other. Also, ensure that your Bluetooth accessory is compatible with your iOS device. In addition, try restarting your Bluetooth accessory. Further,
ensure your Bluetooth device is “discoverable”. Just put the accessory into discovery mode. The final thing you should check is to ensure that your
Bluetooth device has power. Fully charge your Bluetooth accessory.
Ensure that you’re running the latest version of iOS. It’s easy to update your iOS device. Go to Settings > General
> Software Update. If an update is available, hit “Download and Install”.
5-Force restart your device (aka Hard Reset)
You may need to force restart your device. The process depends on the iPhone model.
To force restart iPad with Face ID models and iPhone 8 or later, simply follow these steps:
- Quickly press and release the volume up and then volume down button.
- Press and hold the power button until you see the Apple logo.
To force restart iPhone 7 models, simply follow these steps
- Press and hold the volume down and top buttons together until the Apple logo appears.
- To force restart iPhone 6s or earlier models and iPad with a Home button models, simply follow these steps:
- Press and hold the power button and the home buttons together until the Apple logo appears.
- After the Apple logo appears, release the buttons
- Now, your device will restart
6-Reset Network Settings
Resetting network settings may fix this issue. Simply follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Type in your passcode.
- Tap Reset Network Settings.
Keep in mind: your network settings, such as your Wi-Fi settings, and passwords, will be reset. Simply put, your Wi-Fi passwords etc will be erased.
iOS: Can’t Turn On Bluetooth? Fix