If you prefer listening to music on other streaming music services such as Amazon Music or Apple Music, or you are just uncomfortable listening to music that is clouded
With ads, you could delete your Spotify account.
In case you are no longer interested in listening to music on spotify, or you just want
To switch allegiance,
you may need to delete your spotify account.
In this guide, I’ll walk you through step-by-step on how to delete Spotify account permanently.
Before you dive into deleting your Spotify account, there are a couple of things to bear in mind:
- You will lose your username, and you will no longer use it with Spotify in future.
- All your downloaded music will be removed.
- All your locally stored playlists will be lost.
- All your followers will be lost.
- In case you havestudent discount,
it will not be possible to transfer it to another account until the end of 12 months from the time you signed up.
If you’re a Spotify Premium user, you need tocancel your Spotify subscription
before deleting your account.
Note: If you are premium spotify subscriber, you can cancel your membership and switch to Spotify free without closing your account permanently.
You will still be able to stream your playlist online.
How to Delete Your Spotify Account
After you’ve cancelled your subscription, follow these steps to delete Spotify account.
- On your computer browser, go toContact spotify support page.
- Click on Login in the upper right-hand corner and sign in to your account with your Spotify credentials.
- Click on close account.
- Confirm cancellation by clicking close account.
Click on account and then click I want to close my Spotify account permanently.
Moses Gitari | GeeksModo
Alternatively, skip all the above steps and go straight to this link todelete Spotify account.
That’s all folks! You’ve successfully deleted your Spotify account.
Have you deleted your Spotify account? Which music streaming service do you prefer in its place? Let us know in the comment section below.
While you are here, you may want to check the following article as well: