NOT satisfied with your iPhone’s loudness? It’s pretty easy to crank up the volume with settings tweaks – and some real-world tricks.
If you want to know how to make iPhone music sound better, then this article is for you. We’ve explained some of the easiest ways to make your music louder so you can use that iPhone as a speaker.
And yes, one way to make iPhone speaker louder involves putting your device in a bowl.
Let’s get started:
How to make iPhone music louder
Here are all the ways you can make your iPhone music louder:
Turn off iPhone volume limiter
To start off, you need to turn off the volume limiter. This feature is designed to prevent you from hurting your ears by playing music in high volume. Of course, it’s not essential – and will be excessive for most people so feel free to turn it off.
- Start the Settings app and go toMusic.
- Scroll down to Volume Limit.
- Toggle it off and you’re ready to go.
Adjust iPhone EQ
Your iPhone features an equaliser that balances out the sound of your music. iPhone EQ are turned off by default, but they needn’t (and shouldn’t) be.
Here’s how to make iPhone speaker louder in settings:
- Start the Settings app and go to Music.
- Tap on Music EQ and turn it on.
- Check out all of the new equaliser settings you can use.
- Select the Late Night setting, which cranks up the volume of quieter sounds, making the overall music louder.
It’s the easiest way to boost your music’s loudness.
Put your iPhone in an empty bowl
Another way to make iPhone speaker louder is putting it on an empty bowl. This cool hack basically creates an echo chamber, which will amplify the sound. Be sure the bowl you put your iPhone in is empty and its speakers are facing downwards. If you don’t have a bowl, try using a mug.
Use your hands
Holding your iPhone and want it to sound louder? Well, try cupping your hand around the speaker.
This should in turn direct the sound towards you.
- Try holding or putting your iPhone next to a wall.
- Ensure that it’s at a 45 degree angle.
- The sound will then reflect off the wall and come on louder.
Upside down iPhone
Another way to make iphone speaker louder when listening to music, is by turning it upside down so the sound is reflecting upwards. This is because iPhone speakers are fitted at the bottom of the device. Propping up your iPhone and using certain cases can also muffle the sound from these speakers.
iPhone tricks to try today
Here are the best iPhone tips and tricks you should try:
- Typing cursor – When typing, press down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you navigate to any part of the text easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this at once, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen, and tap on close all tabs
- Delete multiple photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select multiple images at once, then tap on delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the center of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X), then tap on the search button and type a currency (like $100) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you need a battery replacement – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Simply head over to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity of your iPhone’s battery. Generally a battery is considered significantly degraded when you’re down to 80% capacity. If you’re below, consider and battery replacement from Apple
- Move apps around faster – touch and hold an app until it starts jiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around at once.
We think you might also like these amazing iPhone tips and tricks