Want to show your non-tech-savvy relative how to set up their email without actually having to do it for them? Apple makes it easy to record screen of your iPhone 12 without installing third party Apps.
Screen recording is handy for recording short demos or documenting a glitch with your iPhone 12. The recording can be done in silent or include audio captured by your iPhone’s internal microphone.
Taking a screenshot of your iPhone screen is a quick and easy process, and most people are aware of the two buttons to push to capture a screenshot of their iPhone’s screen and save the image in the Photos app. However, most people do not know how to record a video of their iPhone’s screen.
Fortunately, the process of capturing iPhone’s screen is quick and straight forward. During recording, you can launch various Apps on your iPhone , make selections, and essentially do anything with your phone that you would basically do. The recording is saved as a video on your iPhones camera roll and you can share it on social media, email, or upload just like you would with any other file.
There are two things to remember. First, before you can record the screen of your iPhone 12, you need to enable the feature by adding it to your Control Center. Second: The steps for accessing the record button is determined by the version of iOS you are running, therefore, keep in mind to follow the correct steps outlined below.
To demonstrate the quickest and easiest way to do it, I took a screen recording of my iPhone 12. As it turns out, most people do not know exactly how to do it.
So here’s how to screen record on iPhone 12.
Setting up screen recording on iPhone 12
Although screen recording is a simple and straight forward process, you need to add the screen recording icon to the Control Center on your iPhone. To enable screen recording, navigate to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls. Tap the plus icon (+) next to Screen Recording. A Screen Record icon should now be available in the Control Center, and you can find it by swiping down from the top right edge of your iPhone screen.
The steps given in this guide will also work for iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 pro max.
Now you’re ready to start recording.
Recording your iPhone 12 screen
Here is how to record screen on iPhone 12
- Navigate to the screen where you want to start recording.
- Swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to find the recording icon.
- Now, tap on the Record icon.
- After a three second countdown, the Record icon will change to red and it will start recording your iPhones screen, even if you navigate away from the Control Center. You’ll know Recording is still in progress because the icon , displayed in the upper left hand corner, will be red.
- When you are finished recording, tap the red icon at the top left of the screen and then tap “Stop.”to stop recording. The recording will be saved in the photos app.
Locating and editing your recording
Once you are through with recording, you may want to edit the captured video. Apple’s Photos app makes it pretty simple to edit video. Your new recording will be saved in the Camera App on your iPhone. To view it, launch the Photos app and the recorded video will be the most recent item.
Editing a screen recording is the same as editing any other video in the Photos app.
You can edit the beginning or end part of your recording. You can trim the video and save it as a different clip. It won’t have any effect on the original video, however, you will get an fine tuned version that you can send anywhere you want.
To edit a screen recording, do the following:
- Locate the video in the camera roll of your iPhone and tap on it.
- Tap “ Edit.”
- Tap and drag the arrow at the beginning of the video to the right. It will turn into a yellow frame.
- Size the frame to trim the video down to just the section you want to retain. You can hit play at any given point to make sure you are satisfied with the output.
- Hit “Done” and then tap “Save as New Clip.”
That’s pretty much it! Happy recording.