Taking screenshots on your Iphone, Mac, Windows PC, or an Android device, is a quick and simple process.
Screenshots are great. You can use them to share moments from your favorite videos, high scores from your games, conversations on popular social networks such as
Twitter or Facebook, errors you want to report, and virtually anything and everything that is displayed on your screen. In this guide, I’ll walk you through step by step on How you can take screenshots on your Iphone, Mac, Windows PC, or an Android device. To learn how to record screen of your iPhone, check out GeeksModo’s article How To Screen Record On iPhone
Each of the major operating systems — Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS — offers one or more methods to take screenshots. Here’s a quick and easy guide
to taking screenshots in all four devices.
HOW TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS ON A MAC
If you are runningmacOS Mojave or later,you can use the Screenshot app, which can be accessed by pressing Shift-Command (⌘)-5 to take screenshot. To learn more about Mac Keyboard shortcuts, checkthis guide
You’ll get a command bar that provides you with various controls. You can take a screenshot of the screen, a window, or a specific selection; you can also take
a video of a section or entire screen. There is an “Options” button that allows you to select where you would like to store your screenshot, and you can set
a short delay as well. When you are all set, click on the “Snap” button located on the right end of the command bar.
In case you haven’t updated to Mac OS Mojave or Catalina, you have an option to save screenshots to your desktop as PNG files.
- To take a screenshot of the whole screen, press Shift-Command-3.
- To take a screenshot of a selected portion of a screen, press Shift-Command-4 and then drag the cursor to highlight the portion you want to capture.
- In case you intent to snap a given window, hit Shift-Command-4. Press the spacebar. The pointer will change into a camera. Hover the pointer over the window
you want to capture so it highlights, and then click on it.
HOW TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS ON A WINDOWS 10 PC
Depending on your specific system, you should be able to take a screenshot by pressing the Windows logo key simultaneously with the PrtScrn (or PrtSc)
key (which is normally located on the right end of the function key row). If that doesn’t work, you can try adding the Ctrl or Fn key to the combination. The image
will be saved in the “Pictures” > “Screenshots” folder as a PNG file.
If that doesn’t work for you (I found that half the time I tried it, the system declined to take the screenshot), another, more reliable method is to hit
Windows + Shift + S, which will reveal a Windows app called “Snip & Sketch.” You can also access the app through your Windows app menu.) Your pointer will
Change into a plus sign, and you will be presented with a small toolbar at the top of the screen that allows you to select a rectangular clip, a freeform clip, or just snap a
screenshot of the whole screen. The clip (or “snip,” as Windows calls it) will be saved to the clipboard and a thumbnail will show up at the bottom right corner
of your screen. You can hit on that to edit the image, save it (as a PNG, JPG, or GIF file), or share it.
There are several other ways to reveal the snipping tool, such as hitting the Windows key and starting to type “snip” (which will reveal the
tool in your Start menu), or typing “snip” into the Cortana search box.
If you like, you can make the PrtSc key reveal Snip & Sketch when you press it.
- navigate to your computer’s settings by choosing the Start button located in the bottom left corner, and then the gear icon that shows up on top of it.
- In the search box just below the “Windows Settings” page name, type “prtscn.” Somewhere around the “t,” the drop-down menu will display a selection
reading “Use the Print Screen key to open screen snipping.” Select it.
- You’ll find yourself on the “Keyboard” area. Find “Print Screen shortcut” and toggle it to on.
HOW TO TAKE SCREENSHOTS ON AN ANDROID PHONE
There are two quick and easy methods to take a screenshot on your Android screen (if you are running Android 9 or 10):
- Press and hold your power button. a pop-out window will appear on the right hand side of your screen with options to power off, restart, call an emergency
line, or take a screenshot. Alternatively, you can …
- Press and hold down the power button and press the volume-down button at the same time
In both methods, after taking the screenshot, it will appear temporarily as a smaller version and then disappear, and you will receive a notification at the top with options
to share, edit, or erase it.Something to watch out for: in some Android devices (such as , certain models of Samsung and Huawei phones) allows you to take “long” screenshots, where you can scroll the screen
down and snap the entire page. Check your phone’s support pages if you think you might have that — it can be handy.In case you want to locate all the screenshots you have snapd in the past::
- Launch your Photos app on your android device.
- Tap on the three parallel lines located at the top left hand corner of your screen.
- Select “Device folders” > “Screenshots.”
How to take a screenshot on iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max
Taking a screenshot on an iPhone is quick, easy and straightforward. You just need to push two buttons.
Because iPhones with Face ID do not have a Home button, you are required to use the Side button to take a screenshot instead.
- Navigate to the screen or application you want to snap.
- Prepare everything precisely the way you want it for the shot.
- Press and hold the Side button located on the top right-hand side of your iPhone.
- Quickly Press the Volume Up button while still holding the side button then release both buttons immediately.
- The screen will briefly flash white and the camera will make a shutter noise (if your iPhone is not on silent mode).
- , your iPhone will automatically save the screenshot snapd directly to thePhotos App.
- From here, you can share your screenshot through services such as: whatsapp, email, AirDrop, Facebook, instagram, Twitter, and other services.
Screenshot iPhone 8 or earlier
- Navigate to the screen you want to capture on your iphone.
- Press and hold the “Sleep/Wake button” as well as the “Home” button.
- A white flash will appear on your screen and you will hear the camera shutter noise which signifies that the screenshot was taken successfully. You can find captured image in your camera roll.