Wondering how to update apps on your Apple Watch? It’s easy to do manually and there’s an option to do it automatically.
Update Apps on Apple Watch
It’s important to keep the apps in your
updated all the time. You can either set your Apple Watch to automatically download new updates, or check for them manually yourself. In this guide, we’ll discuss both methods of keeping Apple Watch apps up to date.
While setting your apps to update automatically is the easiest and most convenient way to ensure you’re running the latest versions, there might be times where you would prefer more control over when an update is installed. We’ll leave you too choose the option that you prefer.
How to Set Apple Watch Apps To Update Automatically
apps also need to be updated. When you update an app on your iPhone, its effect will be seen on your Apple Watch too. For this to work, you need to turn Automatic App Install ON in your My Watch section. You can take this approach if you don’t want to keep updating apps yourself.
- Press the Digital Crown to bring up your apps and then tap the “Settings” icon.
- Now, tap on “App Store”.
- Here, ensure that the switch next to “Automatic Updates” is turned on.
How to Update Apple Watch Apps Manually
You can choose this option if you prefer to read release notes before installing the update.
- Press the Digital Crown to bring up your apps and then tap the “App Store” icon.
- Now, scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen and tap “Account”.
- Next, tap on “Updates”.
- Next on, tap “Update” next to any app that you want to install the update for. If you want to update all apps at once, tap “Update All”.
Whichever method you choose, whether automatic or manual, you’ll be able to update apps to the latest versions made available by the apps developer.
And that covers everything on how to update apps on Apple Watch.
Submit a comment