Here are the best airpods pro 2 tips and tricks to get the most out of Apple’s new wireless headsets.
The new AirPods Pro (2nd generation) come with Adaptive Transparency, which blocks out loud sounds even when your Pros aren’t in Noise Cancellation mode.
You can charge your AirPods Pro 2 in four different ways.
Thanks to a new speaker on the AirPods Pro (2nd generation) case, you can play a sound to help you locate lost AirPods.
Apple’s new AirPods Pro (2nd generation) launched on Sept. 23 and cost $249. They have a ton of new features that make them a must-buy if you like AirPods.
Here’s are the best airpods Pro 2 tips and tricks to get the most out of your wireless earbuds.
Best Airpods Pro 2 Tips and Tricks
1. AirPods Pro 2 tips and tricks: turn Adaptive Transparency on or off
Thanks to a new H2 chip, the new AirPods have Adaptive Transparency mode, which allows them to block out harsh noises such as a siren or motorcycle. It’s not the same feature as Noise Cancellation mode, which will block out much more noise around you, and instead blocks out loud noises even if noise cancellation is off. Here’s how to turn it on.
- Make sure your AirPods are connected to your iPhone.
- Open Settings.
- Tap the listing for your AirPods at the top of the Settings page.
- Scroll down to Adaptive Transparency and toggle this on or off.
2. AirPods Pro 2 tips and tricks: control the volume on your AirPods Pro 2
Touch control on the new Pros allows you to lower or raise the volume by lightly swiping up or down on the stem of the AirPods. Here’s how to use the feature.
- You’ll feel an area that’s slightly indented and has a matte texture, instead of a shiny one, on the side of either AirPod.
- Lightly stroke up or down to control the volume.
- Each time you stroke the stem, the volume will only increase or decrease by one level. You’ll hear a ticking sound with each stroke. You’ll also be able to see the volume increasing on your iPhone.
3. AirPods Pro 2 tips and tricks: charge AirPods Pro 2
There are four ways to charge your new AirPods Pro (2nd generation).
- You can use the Lightning charger that comes with the new AirPods.
- You can also drop them onto any Qi wireless charging pad.
- MagSafe is built into the AirPods Pro 2, which means the case will automatically stick to any MagSafe charger you might already own for an iPhone.
- And for the first time ever, you can use an Apple Watch Charger to charge your airpods Pro 2. It just sticks on magnetically and begins charging.
4. AirPods Pro 2 tips and tricks: find your AirPods Pro 2
The AirPods Pro 2 case has Apple’s U1 chip inside, so you can use the Find My app to see the exact location of where you last left your AirPods.
Since there’s a new speaker built into the case, you can also ask Find My to play a noise from your AirPods case so you can better locate it. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Find My App.
- Locate your AirPods by their name. Mine are called Johnson’s AirPods Pro #2, for example.
- Press Play Sound to hear your AirPods.
- Select Find to see where your AirPods are on a map.
- If your buds aren’t in your case, the Find My App will help you locate each individual bud, too.
5. Airpods Pro 2 tips and tricks: Set Up AirPods Personalized Spatial Audio
According to Apple, Personalized Spatial Audio is designed to create an even more precise and immersive listening experience than standard Spatial Audio, which uses Dolby Atmos to create a richer, more immersive soundstage when listening to songs in the Apple Music catalog.
Personalized Spatial Audio does this by using the TrueDepth camera on an iPhone to analyze the shape of your ears in three dimensions and use this mapping to create a personal sound profile that’s tuned just for you. Here’s how to Set Up Personalized Spatial Audio
- With AirPods connected, launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on the name of your AirPods, just below your Apple ID banner.
- Under “Spatial Audio,” tap Personalized Spatial Audio.
- Tap Personalize Spatial Audio….
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
When the setup process is complete, you can tap See & Hear How It Works on the previous screen to get an idea of how it sounds. If you don’t like what you hear, you can always disable the feature via Personalized Spatial Audio -> Stop Using Personalized Spatial Audio….
Your favorite airpods pro 2 tips and tricks?
So these were some of the best airpods pro 2 tips and tricks you would love to try today. My favorite airpods pro 2 tips and tricks include Adaptive Transparency mode, and ability to lower or raise the volume by lightly swiping up or down on the stem of the AirPods. There’s surely plenty more hidden airpods pro 2 tips and tricks to discover, so I’ll keep tapping, swiping and noting anything I find. Did we miss out on something important that needs to be added to the list? Which are your favorite airpods pro 2 tips and tricks? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.