This article explains how to unlock if your Apple ID has been locked for security reasons.
It’s save to say that security is a top priority for Apple, and if your account has been hacked it gets suspended. If this happens, you might see a notification indicating that your account has been ‘locked for security reasons’. This is terrible since your Apple ID and password are required to access Apple services. Continue reading to know how to unlock disabled Apple ID for security reasons.
How to Unlock disabled Apple ID for Security Reasons
It’s quite frustrating if your Apple account gets locked, particularly if you wanted to download a nice app from the App Store or trying to reply to an email. However, this does mean someone tried to access your Apple account, and Apple blocked them. The Apple ID gets locked when someone repeatedly enters a wrong password on an Apple device
Apple ID Disabled – Your Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons
In this article, I’ll show you what you can do to unlock a disabled Apple ID and account that was locked due to security issues.
How to know if your Apple ID is locked?
If your Apple ID got locked, you should see one of these messages on your Apple device:
- You can’t sign in because the account was deactivated for security reasons.
- Your Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons.
- This Apple ID is locked for security reasons.
- Your iCloud account has been locked for security reasons.
Here is what you can do if your Apple ID was locked:
Unlock Apple ID account that was locked for security reasons
- On your Mac, open Safari.
- To unlock your Apple ID, navigate to ‘iForgot’ Apple’s website.
- Type in your email, first name and last name -> click ‘Next’.
- If two-step verification was enabled you need to enter the recovery key. If this was not enabled proceed to the later step. Then you should print out the recovery key and save it somewhere. Type in the key number and hit ‘Next’.
- Next on, select the phone number that was used for two-step verification and click continue. Enter the Verification Code and select ‘Continue’.
- Type in the new password and confirm password field -> choose Reset Password.
And that’s all you need to do to resent your Apple ID’s password. This unlocks the disabled Apple ID / account. However, you need to use the latest password with accounts on your Apple devices
For unlocking a disabled Apple ID: Update the password on your iDevice.
Here is how you can update the password on your iOS device:
- Go to Settings -> your profile -> Password & Security -> Change Password.
And for updating the Apple ID password in Mac OS
- From the Apple menu, launch System Preferences.
- Select iCloud -> Sign Out.
- Type in the new password and choose Sign In.
You would also need to enter the new password as needed in App Store, iTunes, FaceTime, and other Apple offerings. These should request the password as needed and then for later, remember the new password.
that’s all folks. Now you know what to do next time you see a message saying -“your Apple ID has been locked for security reasons”