Are you experiencing Apple TV Wi-Fi connection issues? Well. In this article, I’ll explain exactly how you can fix your Apple TV Wi-Fi connection problems. If you cannot play movies and other content on your Apple TV, this may mean that your Internet connection is weak. You need a strong Wi-FI connection to be able to stream entertainment to your Apple TV.
Here are some signs of Apple TV Wi-Fi connection problems:
- Downloads do not start.
- Unable to join a Wi-Fi network.
- Contents do not play.
- Various error messages show up, for instance:
- ”An error occurred loading this content”
- “There is a problem loading this content”
Are you having the above Apple TV Wi-Fi connection issues? If your Apple TV is unable to connect to the internet through the router, then this troubleshooting guide is for you.
Please try the fixes below. Be sure to test after each step to see if your Apple TV starts working again:
Check the basics
Before you dive in, try the following:
- Make sure that your Apple TV is connected to the correct wireless network. Head over to Settings > Network).
- Ensure that you type in the correct password.
- Ensure that your Apple TV is not too far from your Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure that your router is working. Verify the router is working by connecting a different device, such as your iPhone. If the Internet works on your other device, your router is working. If not, try the following fixes:
- Ensure that your router is 802.11a/g/n/ac compatible. Most routers that were built after 2015 are compatible.
- Consider restarting your router. Disconnect the power cable. Wait for about one minute. Then reconnect it.
- Ensure that your router is running the latest firmware version. Check the manufacturer’s manual for instructions on how to update your router. You may also contact the manufacturer for more help.
- There could be a service outage in your location. Contact your Internet service provider for support.
Apple TV Remote Not Working? Fix
Now, follow these steps to fix Apple TV wireless connection problems:
- Restart your Apple TV. You can do this in various ways:
- You can head over to Settings > System > Restart to restart your Apple TV.
- You can use your remote to restart your Apple TV:
If you are still having Apple TV Wi-Fi connection problems, consider resetting your Apple TV to its factory settings. Keep in mind, this will remove all your data and settings from your Apple TV. Here is how:
- To reset Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD: head over to Settings > System > Reset. Click Reset and Update. This will reset your Apple TV and also update your Apple TV to the newest version of tvOS.
- To reset Apple TV (3rd generation) or earlier: head over to Settings > General > Reset. And Select Restore.