In this article, I’ll explain exactly how you can check your AppleCare plan. More specifically, I’ll show you how you can check if you have AppleCare coverage. Finally, I’ll show you how you can buy the AppleCare protection plan if you decide to protect your Apple device with AppleCare.
Apple customers can get extended warranty coverage, it is known as AppleCare.
is Apple’s brand name for its warranty service.
Check AppleCare coverage
Is your product covered under the AppleCare warranty? Follow the steps below to find out if you have AppleCare:
- Launch a web browser.
- Head over to (https://checkcoverage.apple.com).
- Type in your device’s serial number. Please follow these steps to find your serial number:
- On your Mac: Click the Apple menu and select About This Mac.
- On your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch, or Apple TV, head over to Settings > General > About.
- Alternatively, you can find your serial numbers by checking iCloud settings. This is also called the Apple ID device list. You can view all of your devices and their serial numbers that you’re currently signed in to with your Apple ID.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, start the Settings app and tap [your name], and scroll down and find your device then tap.
- Mac: System Preferences > Apple ID.
- Alternatively, you can view all of your devices by going to the Apple ID website. Simply go to the
web site and sign in. And scroll down until you see the devices section.
- Now, click Continue. You will be redirected to a summary page that lists all of your warranty options.
- You purchase an Apple device. You can purchase AppleCare+ at the time of your purchase. Or,
- If you have recently purchased a device, you can add AppleCare to your device after purchase. It does not matter where you bought your device, Apple, a carrier, or another retailer:
- iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac, or HomePod: within 60 days of purchase.
- Apple TV: within 12 months of purchase.
- 24/7 priority access to Apple support team via
online live chat
- Express replacement service.
- It’s transferable. (If you pay monthly, this is not available).
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, head over to Settings > General > About and choose AppleCare+ Coverage Available. And then follow the onscreen prompts.
- Alternatively, you can purchase AppleCare online by visiting the
add coverage website.
- You can buy it at an Apple Store if you go there.
- You can also purchase AppleCare by calling 800-275-2273 (800.APL.CARE).
If you have already purchased the extended AppleCare warranty, it will be displayed on this page.
How to buy AppleCare
If you are not covered, you can easily buy the AppleCare plan. You can buy the protection when:
In case you are wondering whether AppleCare is worth the additional price. Here are some benefits:
Apple offers several options to buy after purchase:
Keep in mind, online and phone options require you to complete a remote diagnostic.
If you need further help, you can
contact Apple support.