In this article, I’ll explain exactly how you can download, install and set up Apple TV remote app on your iOS device (iPhone or iPad); so that you can control your Apple TV. Doing so will allow you to use your iPhone or iPad as a remote. This will have many benefits, that includes:
- You can enter text faster using the keyboard. For example, it may take a long time to enter your keywords without a keyboard, for example, when you are searching a show on Netflix.
- You can use Siri to search and find shows and much more.
- You can use touch gestures to control media, fast forward , pause etc.
- You can use the volume settings on your iPhone or iPad to adjust the volume.
It’s easy to set up your iPhone or iPad to control your Apple TV from anywhere on your home’s Wi-Fi. Here’s how to set up Apple TV remote app:
Install Apple TV Remote
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch the App Store app
- Go to Search and type in “Apple TV Remote”
- Find the Apple TV remote app and tap to install
How to pair your Apple TV and your iOS device
Next on, you need to add your Apple TV. Simply follow these steps:
- Ensure that your Apple TV and your iPhone or iPad are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your iPhone/iPad home screen, tap the Apple TV remote icon to launch the app
- You should see your Apple TV. If you do not see it, check to ensure your iPhone/iPad and Apple TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Next, tap your Apple TV:
- A 4 digit number will appear. You need to enter this number on your Apple TV in order to pair your Apple TV and iOS device.
- To enter the code, on your Apple TV, head over to Settings > General > Remotes
- Your device will appear (under the iOS Remotes section). Select your device add. (note that if you had previously paired devices, you can also unpair them From this screen).
- Now you need to type in the passcode that is displayed on your iPad or iPhone and hit Done.
Boom! your device is paired with your Apple TV.
you can control your
from Control Center. To do this: simply add Apple TV Remote to Control Center by heading to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls and then add Apple TV. Then launch Control Center, and then tap Apple TV Remote.