I’m pretty sure most people are looking for an easy method to transfer their files from PC to iPhone and from iPhone to PC but since the beginning of iPhone 2G the only method that Apple offered to transfer files between iPhone and PC is iTunes. Which I believe is a very cumbersome method especially if you want to transfer only one or two files.
In the last couple of years, I tried various methods to transfer files between PC and iPhone. Some of them are much better and easy to use than iTunes but at the same time, they required additional software to install on PC. But I found an easy and quick method to transfer files between iPhone and PC that I want to share with you.
As we know since the launch of iOS 12 Apple gave their users so much freedom to run different type of file format on their iPhone by giving the option of files app. But the problem with files app you can only access files from one drive or by using iTunes. Thankfully, I found an easy and quick method to transfer files between PC and iPhone via the Wi-Fi network. All you have to do is to connect your iPhone and your PC on same Wi-Fi network so you can access them wirelessly. The name of the app is Air Transfer.
- The first thing you need to do is to download the Air Transfer app on the App Store.
- Once you have downloaded the app to your iOS device, Make sure your iPhone/iPad is connected on the same Wi-Fi as your computer.
- Now launch the Air Transferapp and you will be presented with different kind of file types such as (“Text Memos”, “Bookmarks”, “Images”, “Music”, “Movies”, “Documents”, and more).
- You will see a small wi-fi symbol at the bottom of the display. Click on it and you will find an IP Address)
- Next, copy that IP Address and paste it on your computer browser.
- A page will load where you can drag and drop any file. Simply Drag the file from your computer and drop it on drag files area and it will automatically appear on your iPhone app.
In my example, I dropped a PDF file and the file appeared immediately on my iPhone.
You can open and read files on Air Transfer app they have a wide variety of supported formats and also you can open that file to any other app on your iPhone.
You can also transfer Photos, Videos or any type of file from iPhone to computer.
If you liked this article please share it with others and if you need any help regarding this method of transferring files feel free to drop me a line in the comments section below.