Its easy to upgrade iCloud storage plan from an iPhone, iPad, Mac or windows PC. Follow this quick step-by-step guide to learn how to change iCloud storage plan from your devices.
If your iCloud storage has run out of space, No problem, Apple has made it pretty easy to change your iCloud storage plan from iPhone, iPad, Mac, or even Windows to ensure you continue to sync all of your important data across your iOS devices.
Apple offers users with only 5GB of freeiCloud Storage. In this regard, it takes a very short time for this space to get filled up and get a pop-up indicating your
“iCloud Storage is Full” when trying to sync your data. Therefore, in case your precious cloud space has already been taken up by your important files and you are
Thinking of changing your iCloud storage from iOS device or desktop, this guide is for you!
Applehas three iCloud storage plans: 50GB ($0.99/month), 200GB ($2.99/month) and 2TB ($9.99).
One advantage of having a huge iCloud storage plan, is that you can share your iCloud storage
with other members of your Family. If you want to change iCloud storage plan on your iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows PC, there are few simple steps you need to follow.
here is the step-by-step guide which can help you change iCloud storage plan on your iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows PC.
How to change iCloud storage plan
follow these steps to change iCloud storage plan on your iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows PC.
Upgrade iCloud Storage from iPhone and iPad
Follow these steps to upgrade iCloud storage plan on your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone or iPad → Tap on your name.
- Tap on iCloud → Tap on Manage Storage.
- Next, tap on Upgrade or Change Storage Plan.
- Now, choose the storage amount you wish to purchase . Then, hit Buy located at the upper-right corner → Log in using your Apple ID and Password.
- Next on, follow the on screen prompts to upgrade the storage plan.
Cancel or Downgrade iCloud Storage from iPhone and iPad
Keep in mind: Downgrading iCloud to 5GB plan is similar to cancel the iCloud subscription. This is because, 5GB plan is available for free to all iOS users.
follow these steps to downgrade iCloud storage plan on your iPhone or iPad.
- Launch Settings app on your iPhone or iPad → Tap on Apple ID banner represented by your name.
- Now, tap iCloud → hit Manage Storage.
- Next, tap Change Storage Plan.
- Tap Downgrade Options then key in your Apple ID Password then hit Manage.
- Next on, select a plan of your choice and then hit Done → Tap on Downgrade in the Popup
keep in mind that you can only downgrade the plan if the
present plan expires because you will lose the additional space for what you have paid before.
Upgrade iCloud Storage Plan on Mac
Mac book has huge space in its hard disk. However, in some cases, you have some essential files or projects which you don’t want
to lose should you format your device. In this regard, you will need more space in your iCloud storage, since 5GB iCloud storage for a Mac computer , can never be enough. Follow these steps to upgrade iCloud storage plan on your Mac.
- Launch the Apple Menu and click on System Preferences.
- Next, click on iCloud.
- Next on, click on Manage option.
- You will be presented with an option to purchase additional Storage.
- Select the plan of your choice.
- Key in your Apple ID password. Your Mac book will now upgrade its cloud storage space.
Cancel or Downgrade iCloud Storage Plan on Mac
The process of downgrading and upgrading the storage plan for Mac is the same. Follow these steps to downgrade or cancel iCloud storage plan on your Mac.
- Launch the Apple Menu and hit System preferences to launch iCloud.
- Next, click on Manage and then Change Storage Plan.
- Click on Downgrade Options.
- Key in your Apple ID password.
- Choose a plan of your preference → Click on Done and your plan will be changed.
Upgrade iCloud Storage Plan on Windows PC
Just like Mac, there are numerous reasons why you may need additional iCloud space on PC. Here is how you can Upgrade iCloud Storage Plan on Windows PC. Before you dive into upgrading the iCloud storage on PC, you will first need to download
iCloud for Windows on your PC.
- Launch iCloud on your Windows PC and log in into your account using your Apple ID and password.
- Now, click on Storage.
- Next, click Buy More Storage.
- Next on, Choose the option Change Storage Plan and hit next.
- You will get a pop-up asking you to log in with your Apple ID and Password, Sign in and hit the Buy button.
The above steps will enable you to access more storage on your Windows PC as per your selected plan. We have just looked at how to upgrade the
cloud storage plan on various devices. Now let’s focus on how to downgrade the storage plans.
You can downgrade your storage plan at any given time. Keep in mind that when you decrease the plan,
the change will only be effected after the end of the current monthly or annual subscription.
One more thing worth noting is that in case you lowered your storage plan and the size of your data go beyond your plan, new data will not be synced across your devices. Moreover, backing up your devices to iCloud will not be possible.
Downgrade iCloud Storage Plan on Windows PC
Follow these steps to downgrade iCloud storage plan on windows PC.
- Launch the iCloud for Windows the same way you did with upgrading the plan.
- Click Storage → Change Storage Plan → Downgrade Options.
- Key in your Apple ID password then hit Manage option.
- Choose the iCloud plan you wish to downgrade then hit Done.
That’s pretty much it on how you can downgrade the iCloud storage plan on iPhone, iPad, Mac or Windows PC.
So, which storage plan did you prefer? And, how do you manage your iCloud storage so that it has only your most essential files and remain organized? Let us know in the comment section below. we also have plenty of other articles that I suggest you check right now.