Are you experiencing Apple TV app store problem? You can download apps and games on your Apple TV through the App Store. Downloading apps is pretty easy when it works. However, you may experience issues trying to install or update apps. Sometimes Apple TV downloads won’t start, sometimes downloads are taking forever and won’t finish and downloads freeze and get stuck. And sometimes the App Store won’t open and shows a blank screen. And finally, you may see error messages (such as a “cannot connect” message) while trying to access the App Store.
iPhone cannot Connect to the App Store
It’s worth noting that there are currently five different Apple TV models as follows:
- Apple TV 4K: launched in 2017.
- Apple TV HD: launched in 2015.
- Apple TV 3rd generation: launched in 2012.
- Apple TV 2nd generation: launched in 2010.
- Apple TV (1st generation, launched in 2007).
If you own a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation Apple TV model, then it doesn’t run apps. If you own the 4th generation Apple TV, or the Apple TV 4K, you can purchase and install apps.
In this article, I’ll explain exactly how you can fix Apple TV apple store problem, i.e. if your Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD won’t work and download apps.
How to fix Apple TV App Store connection issues
After trying each fix below, test your Apple TV again to see if you can download apps.
Solution #1. Restart your Apple TV.
Apple Tv app store not loading? try restarting it. Follow the steps below :
You can do this in various ways:
- On your Apple TV, head over to Settings > System > Restart.
- Using your Apple TV remote, press and hold down the Menu button and Home together until you see the Apple TV status light flashes.
- Or you can just disconnect your Apple TV from the power source , then wait for about ten seconds and then reconnect.
Solution #2. Check for software updates.
If you are still experiencing Apple TV app store problem, you could be running older version of tvOS software. Ensure that your TV is running the latest tvOS software version. Here is how you can check and update:
- On your Apple TV, head over to Settings > System > Software Updates and select Update Software. This will check for updates. If an update is available, Simply Download and Install and then follow the onscreen prompts.
- You can also enable automatic updates. This will ensure that new updates will be automatically installed when they are ready. On your Apple TV, head over to Settings > System > Software Updates and turn on Automatically Update.
If you are unable to update, there could be a connection problem. Please check the next solution for more details.
Solution #3. Check that you have a strong Internet connection.
- If you are using your Apple TV over Wi-Fi network:
- Ensure that your Apple TV is not too far away from your router. Consider moving your Apple TV closer to the router.
- Restart your wireless router:
- Disconnect your router from the power outlet.
- Wait for about thirty seconds.
- Reconnect your router back to the power source.
- Apple TV app store not loading? Consider connecting your Apple TV directly to your router via the Ethernet cable.
- There could be some issues with your service provider. Maybe there are outages in your location. Contact your Internet provider for further assistance.
- On your Apple TV, head over to Settings > General > Date and Time. If you see anything incorrect, correct it.
- On your Apple TV, head over to Settings > Accounts > iTunes and App Store and choose Sign Out option.
- Next, restart your Apple TV.
- Next on, head over to Settings > Accounts > iTunes and App Store and sign in and enter your Apple ID and password.
- On your Apple TV, head over to Settings > System > Reset. There are two options:
- Reset: This will reset your Apple TV.
- Reset and Update: This will reset and then update your Apple TV. Please make sure that you have a good Internet connection.
Solution #4. Date & time setting.
Ensure that your Apple TV’s date and time is set correctly. Simply follow these steps:
Solution #5. Sign out, restart and sign in.
Solution #6. Last resort. Reset your Apple TV.
If you are still experiencing Apple TV app store problem, consider restoring your Apple TV to its factory settings. This will remove everything. Follow these steps: