Sometimes you may have a broken Home button and it can be difficult to restart iPhone without home button. Given that reboots are the most effective way to fix software problems, you should always have a way to reboot your device. The good news is that there are numerous ways to restart iPhone without home button.
How to restart iPhone without home button
Here are some ways you can restart your iPhone without using Home button. This guide applies to iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPhone 6S and 6S Plus, iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, iPhone 8 and 8 Plus as well as iPhone x and newer models. Without any further ado, lets jump into it.
Method 1: How to restart iPhone using AssistiveTouch
- Launch the Settings app and navigate to Accessibility>Touch and turn the AssistiveTouch feature on.
- Now, choose the gesture you’d like to use to quickly launch this feature. You may select single-tap, double-tap, long press, or create your own custom gestures. The easiest method is single-tap.
- Once you have selected the gesture of your choice, select the restart option from the list of available actions.
- Now you can quickly restart your iOS device by performing the assigned gesture on the AssistiveTouch icon. This icon is always present on the screen if AssistiveTouch is enabled. It can be dragged around which gives you the freedom to place it on a part of the screen that is convenient for you. iOS will ask you to confirm your action. This is to be sure you actually want to restart your iPhone. Select restart to immediately reboot the system, or cancel if you inadvertently accessed the feature.
The above are instructions for how to restart an iPhone with a broken home button using
Now, let’s discuss the next method.
Method 2: Restart your iPhone by connecting it to power source:
has no power, you can simply connect it to power outlet to restart it. If you want to know how to restart iPhone without home button and frozen screen, then you may need to try other solutions explained in this article.
Method 3: How to restart iPhone by resetting network settings?
This is another simple method to restart an iOS device without home button. Keep in mind, resetting network settings will remove Wi-Fi passwords and paired Bluetooth accessories. Here is how to restart an iPhone with a broken home button by resetting your network settings:
- Launch the settings app on your iPhone and navigate to general. Now, tap Reset and then Reset Network Settings.
- When asked, enter your iPhone’s passcode and tap the “Reset Network Settings” button.
- All your saved network settings on your iPhone will be removed and and your device will be restarted. If you were seeking to know how to reset an iPhone with a broken home button then this method will do the trick.
Method 4: How to restart iPhone by applying Bold text?
Did you know that you can restart iPhone without home button by just turning on the Bold text feature? Well. Here’s how to restore an iPhone with a broken home button by turning on the bold feature:
- Launch the Settings app and navigate to Accessibility > “display and Text Size” and toggle on the “Bold text” feature.
- After you turn on the “bold Text” feature,” you’ll see a pop-up saying (“Applying this setting will restart your iPhone”). Simply tap on the “Continue” button and wait for a few seconds as your iPhone restarts.
As you can see, there are many methods you can use to restart iOS device without home button. Now, if you want to know how to restart iPhone without home button and frozen screen, read on.
Method 5: How to restart iPhone by draining its battery?
If your iPhone has a frozen screen, the above solutions may not fix your problem. Here’s how to restart iPhone without home button and frozen screen by Draining your iPhone’s battery:
If you want to drain your iPhone’s battery quickly, you simply need to play some videos on YouTube, turn on flashlight, Max out the display brightness, turn off LTE, use your device on a low signal area and much more. When the battery is completely drained, your iPhone will automatically turn off. Now, you can simply connect it to a power outlet to restart it. This method will also apply if you want to know how to restart iPhone without home button and black screen.
I trust this article has taught you various ways to restart your iPhone. Now you can quickly restart your iPhone if you are experiencing problems with your device.