Sometimes you may have a broken Home button or non-functioning power button and it can be challenging to restart iPhone without power button. Taking into account reboots are the most effective way to troubleshoot software glitches, you should always have a way to reboot your device. Thankfully, there are numerous ways to restart iPhone without Power button.
How to restart iPhone without power button
The following are various ways you can reboot your iOS device without using the Home or power buttons. Some of the methods involves using your touch screen. Without further ado, lets get started.
Method 1: How to restart iPhone using AssistiveTouch?
This simple technique will show you how to restart iPhone without lock button.
- Start the Settings app and go to Accessibility>Touch and turn the AssistiveTouch feature on.
- Next, select the gesture you’d like to use to quickly launch this feature. You may choose single-tap, double-tap, long press, or create custom gestures. The easiest method is single-tap.
- Once you have selected the desired gesture, select the restart option from the available actions.
- Now you can quickly restart your iOS device by performing the assigned gesture on the AssistiveTouch icon. This icon is always present on the screen if AssistiveTouch is enabled. It can be dragged around which gives you the freedom to place it on a part of the screen that is convenient for you.
- iOS will ask you to confirm your action. This is to be sure you actually want to restart your iPhone. Select restart to immediately reboot the system, or cancel if you inadvertently accessed the feature.
The above are instructions for how to restart iPhone without button using
Now, let’s look at the next method..
Method 2: Restart your iPhone by connecting it to power source?
has no battery, you can simply connect your iPhone to power source to restart it. If you want to know how to restart iPhone without Power button and frozen screen, then this solution might not work. You may need to try the next solution.
Method 3: How to restart iPhone by resetting network settings?
This is another cool trick to restart iPhone without Power button. It’s worth noting that this method will remove Wi-Fi passwords as well as paired Bluetooth devices. Here’s how to restart iPhone without Button by resetting your network settings:
- Start the settings app on your iPhone and go to general. Now, select Reset and then Reset Network Settings option.
- If prompted, type in your iPhone’s passcode and hit the “Reset Network Settings” option.
- All your saved network settings on your iPhone will be removed and and your device will be restarted. If you were looking to know how to restart iPhone without lock button, Then you can use this method.
Method 4: How to restart iPhone by applying Bold text?
Did you know that you can restart iPhone without Power button by simply turning on the Bold text feature? Not only are bold texts easier to be read, but the feature will also take effect only after restarting your iPhone. Here’s how to restart iPhone without lock button by turning on the bold feature:
- Start the Settings app and go to Accessibility > “display and Text Size” and toggle on the “Bold text” feature.
- Once you turn on the “bold Text” feature,” A pop-up will appear saying (“Applying this setting will restart your iPhone”). Simply tap on the “Continue” button and wait a minute as your iPhone restarts.
As you can see, there are many solutions to restart iPhone without Power button. Now, if you want to know how to restart iPhone without Power button and frozen screen, check the next solution.
Method 5: How to restart iPhone by draining its battery?
If your iPhone has a frozen screen, the above tricks may not resolve your issue. Here’s how to restart iPhone without Power button and frozen screen by Draining your iPhone’s battery:
You can drain your iPhone’s battery quickly by playing games, turning on the flashlight, maximizing the brightness, turning off LTE, using your iPhone on a low signal area, or watching a youtube video. When the battery is completely drained, your iPhone will automatically turn off. Now, you can simply plug it to a power source to restart it.
While this may not be useful for everyone, this is a very interesting workaround to Apple’s strange omission of a simple restart button in the power screen. We hope this article has taught you how to restart iPhone without lock button. Now you can quickly restart your iPhone if you are experiencing glitches with your device.