Apple EarPods have a lot of use. You can use them to talk on the phone, launch Siri, fast-forward music and more. You can easily
Control phone calls, music and podcast playback, Siri, and more using the centre button. If you want to master how to use EarPods, this complete guide is for you.
Here is the step-by-step guide which will show you how to use EarPods controls like a pro.
Apple provides it’s customers with wired AirPods for free in every iPhone, iPad, or iPod they buy.
Apple wired headphones are white in color and they are also referred to as EarPods.
Apple EarPods are not as stylish as travel headphones however, you do not have to worry about charging them and they can pretty much do everything you would need to control audio on your iPhone.
Apple EarPods are of two types:
EarPods with lightning connector
EarPods with 3.5 mm Headphone PlugThe
EarPods controls are attached to the wire beneath the right EarPod.
Apple EarPods have 3 buttons on the front of the controls:
- Volume up button
- Centre button
- Volume down button
You can use the volume buttons to increase or lower the audio level of music, podcasts and more. On the other hand,
the centre button can accomplish various tasks depending on the number of times you click it and the app you’re in.
In case you are not aware where the microphone is located on Apple EarPods, it’s positioned on the back of the control section. The microphone is placed around mouth height, where it can detect sounds during phone calls, recording memos, or commanding Siri without reaching for your
How to use apple EarPods
Follow these steps to use apple earbuds on your iPhone, iPad or iPod:
1. Use apple AirPods to control phone calls
When your Apple headphones are connected to your iPhone, you can talk
hands-free without having to hold your iPhone next to your mouth. Thanks to the EarPods in-built Mic.
Here is how to use Apple EarPods to talk on a phone call
- While your iPhone is ringing, Click the centre button to answer a call.
- While talking on your iPhone, click the centre button to end a call.
- While your iPhone is ringing, hold the centre button to decline a call and send it to voicemail. Don’t release the centre button till you hear
- In case you get an incoming call while you’re already on the phone, click the centre button to answer the incoming call and place your present one on
- Switch between calls: Should you get multiple active calls, click the centre button to place your present call on hold and switch to the next one.
- End multiple calls: Should you find yourself in multiple active calls, end your present call and switch to the next one by holding the centre button.
2. use Apple EarPods to control Music
You can control playback while listening to music, podcasts, audiobooks, or videos on your device through the centre button on your wired earphones.
Here’s how to use Apple EarPods to control audio on your iPhone, iPad or iPod:
- To play or pause the music, podcast, audiobook, or video, click the centre button once.
- To skip to the next song, jump 15 seconds forward on your podcast or audiobook, or skip to the next chapter
in a movie, click the centre button twice.
- To fast forward your song, podcast, audiobook, or video, click the centre button twice and hold.
- To skip back to the previous song, jump 15 seconds backward on your podcast or audiobook, or go back to the
previous chapter in a movie, click the centre button 3 times.
- To rewind your song, podcast, audiobook, or video, click the centre buttons 3 times and hold.
3. Use apple EarPods to activate Siri
You can launch Siri with the wired headphones that comes with
your device. Moreover, you can issue hands-free commands to Siri through the use of the microphone attached to the controls of the EarPods.
You can use Voice Control rather than Siri,
depending on the settings you have enabled on your device.
Here is how you can use Apple EarPods to talk to Siri:
- Click and hold the centre button till you hear 2 beeps to launch Siri.
- Click the centre button to exit Siri.
4. use apple EarPods to control the Camera
You can control the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch through the centre button on your EarPods. It’s now easier to
Capture great photos on your iPhone
Since it is possible to take a photo without touching the device.
Apple got rid of this feature in subsequent iOS updates. Should the company reenable the feature, here is how you can use Apple EarPods to control the camera on your iPhone, iPad or iPod:
- Launch the camera app on your device and click the centre button to snap a photo.
- Launch the video camera app on your device and click the centre button to begin/end recording.
thats pretty much it on how to use Apple EarPods.
Audio Quality on Apple’s Headphones
Over the years, Apple’s wired EarPods have been extremely criticized for poor sound quality. They are not bad given that they are offered for free when you purchase new iPhone, iPad or iPod.
They come with an in-built Mic and you are able to control audio effectively with them.
In case you are considering purchasing wireless headphones, check this
Apple wireless AirPods are a bit pricy and do not offer numerous controls as Apple’s wired EarPods however, they are impressive.
Use Your Headphone Controls With Other Devices
You can connect Apple wired EarPods into any laptop, smartphone, or tablet
and most of the controls will work perfectly. You can increase/lower the volume, play/pause audio, rewind/forward, ETC.
Keep in mind , if your headphones have a Lightning connector you can only connect them into iPhone, iPad or iPod.
Let us know in the comments section below.
As always share this article on how to Use EarPods with a friend or social media. We also have plenty of other articles that I suggest you check out right now.
Submit a comment