Is Screen Sharing not working on MacBook? You are not alone! If you are unable to share your Mac or MacBook’s screen with others, you have come to the right place.
With a huge number of people working or studying from home, sharing screen with others has become a necessity. Screen sharing, also known as desktop sharing, is when you (or someone else) share some or all of the contents of your screen with other devices (like other computers, tablets, or phones). Sharing your screen allows you to quickly show co-workers, supervisors, colleagues, teachers or just about anyone anything that’s on your screen in real-time without having to send any files. Screen sharing simplifies collaboration or reviewing things like presentations, documents, graphs, and even illustrations.
But what if Screen sharing is not working and are unable to share your Mac or MacBook’s screen with others?
In the past few weeks, several users reported they are unable to share their screens during their online meetings or classes. Many report issues with third-party conferencing apps not working in screen share mode for apps such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype, and other similar apps.
Fix Screen Sharing not Working on Mac
If share screen is not working on Mac, here are the steps you can take to quickly get screen share working on your Mac so you can continue with your activity.
Fix 1: Force quit and restart
If Screen Sharing stopped working, the first thing you should try is to force quit the app and then open again. This may resolve your problem. Here is how:
- Press the Option, Command, and Esc (Escape) keys together (or click the Apple menu and Force Quit).
- The force quit window will appear.
- Select the app.
- Click Force Quit.
- Now see if Screen Sharing is working.
Fix 2: Restart your Mac
restarting your Mac may fix this issue. You can restart your Mac by choosing the Restart option from the Apple menu in the upper-left corner of your screen.
Fix 4: Update your apps
If Screen Sharing is not working on apps such as Skype, Zoom, Microsoft Teams etc, try updating the apps. You can check for an update in the Mac App Store or via the developer’s site.
Launch the App Store by clicking the icon in your dock, by clicking the Apple icon on your menu bar and select “App Store,” or by pressing Command+Spacebar and searching for it. Head to the “Updates” tab to view a list of available updates. You can opt to update one app at a time, or click “Update All”
Fix 5: Update your Mac
If Screen Sharing is not working on Mac Catalina, Big Sur ETC, make sure that your Mac is running the latest version of the macOS software. You can easily update your Mac. Here is how:
- macOS Mojave or higher: Go to System Preferences and then Software Update.
- macOS High Sierra or older: launch the App Store on your Mac and then click the Updates tab.
Fix 6: Edit security permissions
- Start by clicking the Apple menu.
- Next, go to System Preferences > Click Security & Privacy > Privacy tab.
- Click Screen Recording.
- Click the lock icon to make changes.
- If asked, type in your admin password.
- Finally, click the checkbox next to the app you are having problem with for example GoToMeeting, Microsoft Teams, Skype etc.
- You will see a notification window asking you to restart it. Agree and then try again and see if the problem is resolved.
Fix 7: Select NetAuthAgent from Activity Monitor
- Click Applications to get started.
- Next, click the Utilities Folder.
- Launch Activity Monitor.
- Find a process known as NetAuthAgent.
- If you find it, select it.
- Click Quit Process.