With the consumption of video on digital devices on the rise as the number of streaming services rocket each year, gone are the days when watching movies and television from the comfort of a couch via cable TV was a norm. But if you are on the go or suffering from a spotty internet connection where streaming video could lead to choppy video playback, downloading videos to watch offline would make for a more enjoyable experience. Thus in this post, we compiled the 10 best free video downloaders for Mac featuring the most up-to-date video downloading capability. Read through to see what we have on the menu!
1. VideoProc Converter
Compatibility: Mac, Windows.
Designed as a dedicated free video downloader for Mac, VideoProc Converter boasts support for media downloads of any sort, allowing you to save video streams, live videos, video playlists, channels, and music to your Mac device from Facebook, Dailymotion, YouTube Twitch and other 1000 UGC sites with the top-notch file quality retained. Moreover, you can convert the videos downloaded to Apple-supported formats and codecs at full speed thanks to its GPU acceleration, the integration of which is rarely seen among other video downloaders out there in the market.
- Free download videos from 1000 online sites including Vimeo, Twitter, YTB, TikTok, Facebook, Reddit videos, Instagram, and embedded videos.
- Save M3U8 links to videos; batch download 4K/1080p videos from playlists and channels within steps.
- Support Mac computers running M1, M1 Pro, or M1 Max systems.
- Simple and intuitive interface to ensure an easy and streamlined downloading process.
- Subtitle search gadget built in to search and save the subtitle for videos on Mac.
- I haven’t noticed any drawbacks using the free video downloader for Mac yet.
2. 4K Video Downloader
Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux, Android.
Pricing: Free; US$37 for the licensed version (one-time fee for 3 computers); US$57 for 4K Download bundle download
As the lightweight yet full-featured Mac free video downloader, 4K Video Downloader enables you to save videos, audio, channel, playlists, annotations, and subtitles from YTB, Instagram, TikTok, and more other video hosting sites in high quality up to 4K or 8K. Largely characterized by its streamlined workflow, the Mac free video downloader excels in both speed and performance, preparing your videos with only a few seconds. The tool has never ceased to enhance its overall service and include new functionalities to its design with regular updates so you could enjoy right along the smooth and solid downloading experience on your Mac device.
- Simple UI adds to a clutter-free downloading experience.
- Smart download mode to auto-apply specific settings to all future downloads on Mac.
- Allow for 3D videos and 360°/virtual reality videos download.
- Strong ability to handle all common formats including MP4, FLV, MKV, 3GP, MP3, M4A, OGG, etc.
- Customization feature to adjust video format, resolution, duration, and more.
- The limited number of playlists and channel downloads with annoying pop-up ads in the free version.
- Frequent crashes are found as users download or parse the video links
Compatibility: Windows 10, Mac OS 10.12 Sierra or later
Price: Free; US$19.99 Yearly; US$49.99 for Lifetime use.
Running as a handy and capable video downloader and converter, VDownloader enables you to quickly search for videos with its built-in search tool and easily save 4K/8K videos, playlists, or channels from a range of popular sharing sites. The batch downloading option even allows you to download up to 10 videos at one time and features a scheduler so it can be set to download the files whenever is most convenient for you. With its user-oriented interface, all you need is just to paste a video URL into the interface, click the download button and leave the rest to the program.
- Download full HD, 4K, or 8K videos, entire playlists, or channels without buffering delays from any website.
- Convert videos to any format and customize video resolution, frame rate, audio, and codecs to your liking.
- Schedule downloads and conversions; synchronize videos to your mobile device.
- Unblock YTB regional filters with a proxy.
- The downloading speed is worth improving
- Annoying ads in the free version
- No product support in the free version
4. YTD Video Downloader for Mac
YTD Video Downloader for Mac constitutes a fast and functional tool for downloading streaming videos. Including a neat interface with three well-labeled buttons describing the main features, the mac free video downloader offers all of the options that one would expect for video downloading and some additional ones for video conversion.
- Download, convert and play videos from all major streaming sites.
- You are allowed to pause, resume, or cancel downloads anytime you want.
- Batch download is available.
- Downloading speed is quite sluggish, notably when downloading videos in bulk.
5. iFunia YouTube Downloader
Price: Free; US$19.99 for 1Mac/lifetimes use; US$29.99 for 2Mac/lifetime use.
Providing the one-stop solution to download videos and playlists for offline use, iFunia YouTube Downloader is one of the best video downloaders for Mac users to save videos from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, BBS, MTV, myspace, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and 1000 other websites. Incorporating a cutting-edge downloading engine into its design, the program enables you to batch download online videos in such qualities as 1080P, 2K, 4K, and 8K, and convert them to the formats you desire.
- Download high-resolution videos and playlists from more than 1000 websites
- A built-in to preview and play different media files in 1080p quality and even 3D videos.
- Convert videos for the desired formats like MKV, MOV, WMP, etc.
- Crashes are found along the process of video downloading.
- The free version only allows downloading 3 videos.
Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux.
ClipGrab, another free video downloader for Mac, allows you to download streaming videos from various websites and convert them to key formats along the process. Besides, the search feature that is overlooked by most of its peers provides such a quick and easy way to find a video you wish to download, saving you from the hassle of manually switching to another browser time and again. The whole user experience is quite approachable as the program can quickly analyze the links you add, making the downloading work straightforward.
- Support a handful of video websites including YTB, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and Facebook.
- Download videos in high/standard/low definition based on your liking.
- Integrated search feature and conversion option help to streamline the workflow.
- Beautifully designed graphical user interface.
- The search tools only return 12 results each time.
- The installation package might **bundle **adware** with it.
7. GetTube for Mac
Compatibility: macOS 10.6 or later
Functioning as another Mac free video downloader, GetTube enables you to store any video hosted on the popular video platforms to our Mac devices in any quality from 144p to 4K so that you can enjoy your choice videos without draining your data plan. As a standalone app, it works well with Safari and Firefox. Once installed, you can see a download button in the browser while surfing on YTB, and when you find a video you wish to download on YTB, simply click on the video and choose the format you want to work with, and the downloading process will start.
- The lightweight macOS video downloader to save videos in high quality.
- Directly connecting to YTB and downloading without using a web browser.
- Limited output formats to choose from.
Compatibility: Web tool
As one of the most reliable and safe online services built to help Mac users free download videos or music easily, PasteDownload allows download from over 500 video sharing platforms by simply pasting the URL of the video without installing any application.
- Resumable download support; simple and safe-to-use.
- Website is regularly updated.
- Download video in quality ranging from low quality up to 1080p Full HD.
- Downloading speed can be sluggish with a low internet connection
Compatibility: Web tool
QDownloader is a free online video downloader for Mac users to save videos from a range of websites including YTB, Facebook, Vimeo, and Instagram within simple clicks. The conversion engine incorporated helps convert video from websites to MP4, MP3 on Mac or PC. In addition, it comes with browser extension version that can be applied in Safari, Firefox, Opera, and Chrome. The platform is completely free and safe to use.
- Download video in HD, 720p, SD, and many other available resolutions.
- Unlimited downloads without any restrictions.
- Free and safe to use without registering for an account.
- Fast downloads and conversions with no rate limits
- Annoying pop-up ads.
- Download up to 128kbps audio only
Compatibility: Web tool
As one of the best free online video downloaders for Mac, Keepvid allows you to download videos of any sort from YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and more. On top of that, it also enables you to convert videos to MP3 and save them as your new ringtone.
- Fast in video download and service.
- Keep subtitles in various languages
- No batch download support.
- Downloading speed can be slow sometimes, and crashes are frequently found.