If you need to close an app on your Apple Watch Ultra, we have you covered. The only reason to close an Apple Watch app is if one is malfunctioning, or if you want to remove it from your recent list for organizational purposes.
To close an app on your Apple Watch Ultra, press the side button, then swipe left over the app you want to close and tap the X.
How to close apps on your Apple Watch Ultra
Closing apps on your Apple Watch Ultra is simple. Locate the side button just below your Digital Crown and then follow the steps below:
- Press the side button on your Apple Watch Ultra to bring up your app dock.
- Swipe left over the app you want to close and tap the red X.
How to force-quit apps on your Apple Watch Ultra
If an app starts to glitch or won’t close normally, you can also force-quit.
- From the app’s screen, press and hold the side button until the power-down menu appears.
- Press and hold the Digital Crown until the app closes and you return to the watch screen.
How to automatically close background apps on Apple Watch Ultra
To preserve battery life, you can also disable Background App Refresh. This feature keeps your apps updated so they are ready when you need them. For example, email or sports scores will continue to update in the background so information is available as soon as you open the relevant app. If the feature is disabled, you may have to wait for items or messages to load. On the other hand, disabling Background App Refresh will also help minimize notifications from pesky apps.
- Launch the Settings app on your Apple Watch Ultra.
- Scroll down to and tap Background App Refresh.
- To disable the feature for all apps, tap the toggle next to Background App Refresh.
- To disable the feature for specific apps only, scroll down and tap the toggle next to the app for which you want to manage refresh settings.
Submit a comment