Wondering how to set up iMessage on your Mac? Here’s how!
The Messages app in macOS allows users to get in touch with friends, family, and colleagues across various Apple devices including iPhone, iPad, or, iPod touch. Fortunately. setting up iMessage on Mac is a quick and easy process.
With Messages for Mac, you can send infinite messages to any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch that supports iMessage, Apple’s secure-messaging service.
iPhone users can send and receive SMS texts as well. If you have Windows PC
this guide explains how you can set up iMessage on
In this guide, I’ll show you how to set up iMessage on Mac, as well as how to set up Messages iniCloud,
which keeps your messages in sync across all your Apple devices.
In case you’re new to the world of Mac or have just never set up Messages before, you may be wondering how to go about it. No worries, follow the steps below, and you’ll be chatting with your friends in no time.
How to Set up iMessage on Mac
- Open Messages App on your Mac. You can find it on the desktop, dock, Applications folder or by searching for it with Command+Space.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password. If you don’t have an Apple ID, you can click “Create new Apple ID” at the bottom to create one.
- Iftwo-step or two-factor authentication is enabled for your Apple ID, enter your verification
Code sent to the other device.
- In the Menu bar, click on Messages and choose Preferences. Alternatively, you can press Command+Comma.
- Click the iMessage tab.
- Check the box next to Enable Messages in iCloud (this will sync your messages across all your apple devices)
- Next, select the phone number and email addresses that you prefer people to reach you at.
- Next on, select the phone number or email address you’d like people to see when you start a new conversation.
- Finally, click the red traffic light located at the top-left hand corner of the screen to close Messages preferences.
In case your phone number does not appear in the Messages preferences, you need to enable iMessage on your iOS device. To add a phone number to iMessage on mac:
On your iPhone, navigate to Settings > Messages and turn on iMessage. If it isn’t, you’ll see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” which you should click and sign in with the
account you’re using on your Mac.
After everything is set up, your phone number should appear in the Messages preferences on your Mac and you’ll be able to
Enjoy using iMessage.
Finally, if you enabled Messages in iCloud, you’ll also want to enable it on your iPhone or iPad so that your messages can sync across all your Apple devices. Here’s how.
How to Set up Messages in iCloud in iOS
- Open Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap your name.
- Tap iCloud.
- Toggle the switch next to Messages to ON position if it is not already
Thats pretty much it on how to set up messages on Mac.
Let us know in the comments below!