It’s difficult to read on the websites that have a smaller font size. To get rid of this, apple has added a new feature on Safari in
. You can easily make text
larger in Safari on your iPhone or iPad. If you want to increase the font size of text on any webpage in Safari on iPhone or iPad, there are a few simple steps which you need to follow.
Here is the step-by-step guide which can help you to adjust web text size with any iPhone or iPad running iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 or later.
In the previous version of iOS, you could use the Safari feature “pinch-to-zoom” to increase the font size of a website on iPhone or iPad. With the latest features of iOS 13, Safari has dedicated zoom controls to complement its pinch-to-zoom feature, making web browsing even more convenient.
In iOS 13, Safari has gotten much better Beginning from
managing your downloads
closing Safari tabs automatically
it just became easier to brouse in Safari. And now, to make the text bigger on Safari is no longer a pinch-to-zoom!
While you can still read an article by simply zooming in or zooming out, you are required to scroll either way as it doesn’t fit on your screen. But with the latest
Features added in Safari, you do not require to scroll or zoom in to increase the font size of a given website on the iPhone or iPad.
How to Increase the Font Size in Safari on iPhone & iPad
Make Text Bigger in Safari on iPhone and iPad
Follow these steps to make the text bigger on Safari on iPhone and iPad.
- Launch Safari app on your iPhone and navigate to a website of your choice, we suggest
- Tap the “aA” icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Now tap on the larger “A” that appears on the right side to increase the percentage and keep tapping on it until you get the desired text size. It can zoom in up
- You can also decrease the percentage of font size of the web page by tapping on smaller “A” located on the left side. It can zoom-out up to 50%.
It’s that simple to increase and decrease the font size in Safari on your iPhone and iPad running on iOS 13 and iPadOS 13 respectively.
In case you don’t want to repeat the same steps for all the websites, you can just specify a permanent zoom percentage for all the websites you want to read
How to Set a Bigger or Smaller Text Size for All Websites in iOS 13 Safari App
You don’t have to use the above method every time to make a text smaller or bigger in Safari. You can set a permanent zoom percentage for all the websites by simply
changing a couple of settings outlined below. Here is how to do it!
- Launch Settings App and navigate to Safari.
- Scroll down to “Settings for Websites” section and tap on Page Zoom option.
- You will find a list of websites under “Page Zoom ON” that you have previously increased or reduced the font size. Tap on that website to set font size of your choice.
You can also move to “Other Websites” section and change the font size depending on your preference
Selecting a smaller font size could render the text difficult to read. Therefore, it’s recommended to keep the font size above 100% for a better reading experience on your iPhone or iPad in Safari.
This is so far my favorite feature in Safari as it improves my overall experience upon selecting my preferred font size. Have you tried this feature
on your iPhone or iPad? If not, give it a shot now by following the above-given steps.
Let us know in the comments section below. We also have plenty of other articles that I suggest you check right now.￼