As a regular AirPods user you have probably already experienced it: an incoming message that interrupts your music. It can be very useful to have Siri read messages to you, but we have a tip for those who no longer want this.
For example, you can turn off Announce Messages with Siri
When wearing AirPods, Announce Messages with Siri can be very useful. Especially if you are expecting a message that you really don’t want to miss. But it can also be very annoying. Just in the middle of an intriguing podcast episode, Siri starts reading an incoming message. If the latter sounds familiar to you, it is definitely worth reading on.
Turn off Announce Messages with Siri
- Open the settings app on your iPhone and choose Notifications;
- Select Announce Messages with Siri;
- You can now turn off the feature for all apps by turning off the toggle at the top next to Announce messages with Siri .
- You can also choose to turn notifications on or off from a specific app. You can also choose between different senders: Favorites, Recent, Contacts and Everyone. For example, you can choose to receive a notification from your employer while listening to a podcast and to let other messages pass you by.
Add Announce messages with Siri to Control Center
Do you want to be able to adjust your settings regularly? Then put ‘Announce messages with Siri’ in your Control Center. This is done as follows:
- Go to Settings and select Control Center;
- Under More controls, tap the plus sign and choose Announce messages with Siri;
- You can now tap the icon when you want to turn the function on or off.
Looking for more tips to make the most out of your AirPods? Then GeeksModo is the right place. For example, we wrote 20 Best Tips And Tricks For Getting The Most Out Of Your Apple AirPods
Submit a comment